• Announcements

• olyclimber

WELCOME TO THE CASCADECLIMBERS.COM FORUMS   02/03/18

We have upgraded to new forum software as of late last year, and it makes everything here so much better!  It is now much easier to do pretty much anything, including write Trip Reports, sell gear, schedule climbing related events, and more. There is a new reputation system that allows for positive contributors to be recognized,  it is possible to tag content with identifiers, drag and drop in images, and it is much easier to embed multimedia content from Youtube, Vimeo, and more.  In all, the site is much more user friendly, bug free, and feature rich!   Whether you're a new user or a grizzled cascadeclimbers.com veteran, we think you'll love the new forums. Enjoy!
Sign in to follow this  
jordop

Whistler Madness Goes Ahead

Hmm. What I'd really like to see is a lift to the top of Icemaker. ;)

I prefer the five person unattached gondola :tup:

DSC01029(1).JPG

Im stoked for it, really has no affect on me except I can now ride 7th heaven and the Peak in one day!!

better than that other silly lift they put in on whistler, plus 28 person cabins... :grlaf: puff puff

well its not technically peak to peak so im sure it will be fine in the wind...its actually mid mt to mid mt

thats nuts, It is engeneered, but the tension on that cable is off the charts?

brutal! :tdown: Not sure the point of this lift at all...other then for bragging rights. :noway:

brutal! :tdown: Not sure the point of this lift at all...other then for bragging rights. :noway:

Hey now we'll be able to do laps on the Spearhead without having to go back down to the village!

haha, dont worry about it its not included in the lift ticket price..hahhahahhahahha geuss I wont be riding it :rolleyes:

Now when you go up Whistler and find that the snow sucks, it's much faster to get over to Blackcomb and find that the snow sucks there too.

If the snow sucks on Whistler then it DEFINITELY sucks on Blackcomb. Don't need no stinking world record gondola to find that out! :nurd:

So the "Nominal" extra price it costs to do this 11 minute trip is probably relative to a 81$ ticket price...say 20-25$

How long does it take to get from the village to the rendezvous...10-15 min maybe, plus the 10-15 min it takes you to get down..so really for 20$ I can save myself 10-15 min of downhill skiing..seems a tad worthless the more I think about it

Sweet. No more going down to the village to link up mountains.

3 and a half golden gate bridges long is pretty wild! The environmental impact looks like it will be minimal also.

----------------

As a sidenote, Mt.Daniel here in WA would be the perfect ski resort. It has the perfect layout and a flat valley bottom for a village and would be world class.

--------------

Blackcomb on a good day is as fun as any type of climbing.

Wierd fall lines though Jens, And how would you get there w/o avy danger?

If I were Allen or Gates, I'd bankroll Daniel. Wayne I'll draw it out on a napkin at a pubclub.

Daniel and the valley bottom that leads to it would be one of the sweetest resorts in the western hemisphere.

So the "Nominal" extra price it costs to do this 11 minute trip is probably relative to a 81$ ticket price...say 20-25$

I've heard it'll be an extra $10 per trip.

I've also heard talk that the next step in the master plan is to build a lift up from the Cheakamus valley (a logical place to develop real estate) to the summit of Whistler.