Whistler Madness Goes Ahead

jordop

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now when you go up Whistler and find that the snow sucks, it's much faster to get over to Blackcomb and find that the snow sucks there too.

If the snow sucks on Whistler then it DEFINITELY sucks on Blackcomb. Don't need no stinking world record gondola to find that out! :nurd:

So the "Nominal" extra price it costs to do this 11 minute trip is probably relative to a 81$ ticket price...say 20-25$

How long does it take to get from the village to the rendezvous...10-15 min maybe, plus the 10-15 min it takes you to get down..so really for 20$ I can save myself 10-15 min of downhill skiing..seems a tad worthless the more I think about it

Sweet. No more going down to the village to link up mountains.

3 and a half golden gate bridges long is pretty wild! The environmental impact looks like it will be minimal also.

----------------

As a sidenote, Mt.Daniel here in WA would be the perfect ski resort. It has the perfect layout and a flat valley bottom for a village and would be world class.

--------------

Blackcomb on a good day is as fun as any type of climbing.

So the "Nominal" extra price it costs to do this 11 minute trip is probably relative to a 81$ ticket price...say 20-25$

I've heard it'll be an extra $10 per trip.

I've also heard talk that the next step in the master plan is to build a lift up from the Cheakamus valley (a logical place to develop real estate) to the summit of Whistler.