Tent Shrinkage...?

EscalarK2

So this one has me confused.

Has anyone else had their tent shrink on them? I used this tent on Aconcagua, everything was fine, when I got back and set it up to clean it out, I noticed that all the poles seem to be about 5" or so too long. And now the tent is pretty much impossible to set up. Its an older North Face tent from the late 90's. I even had a few friends come over and look at it, to make sure I wasn't confused and setting it up wrong. I kept my gear to myself, so I know that I didn't get the poles mixed up with anyone elses gear. We tried setting it different ways. No luck. Any ideas out there?

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So at your old age yer tent won't pitch as high as it used to eh? I heard Spitz could pitch a tent pretty well though.

Well, don't worry, it happens to the best of em.

It's probably because you were pitching your tent so often in Aconcagua. You were probably so used to pitching you tent in dangerous foriegn lands, that the United States just doen't have anything extreme enough.