22 Killed in Virginia Tech Shooting

max

again - here's the solution while keeping the 2nd amendment folks happy - all firearms using post 18th century technology are to be banned - don't think this shooting woulda been so bad if homeslice had a musket

...and all first amendment press freedoms shall be limited to 18th century technology as well. All constitutional protection afforded to the internet, television, and radio is hereby rescinded. Great idea, teacher. :noway:

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

we seem so willing to accomodate our other rights contained in the first ten amendments in times of national crisis, why not at least be equal opportunity and shit on the second as well, for like continuity or something?

or better yet, we'll trade! you can have you guns if i can have my drugs? fine by me, the gun violence thing might go down if you can buy meth from minimum wage employees at 7-11 instead of street thugs

Ok, I admit it. He was one of ours. Now watch while the nation arms itself.

Playing right into our hands.

The fact that the Righteous Wing is admitting this doesn't even matter. Now they will hear nothing over the sound of their own gunfire.

I leave you with a passage from one of your favorite prophets.

People are so afraid. Take the man, with no address, who wrote [me]:

"If you knew that a man posed a danger to you - maybe he had a gun in his pocket, and you felt that he would not hesitate one moment to use it on you - what would you do? ... Should we sit back, be little children that sit in fear and just wait?"

I wrote back:

"Please, for the sake of us all, get a shotgun, preferably a 12-gauge double-barrel, and right there in your own neighborhood blow off the heads of people, cops excepted, who may be armed."

-Kurt Vonnegut, A Man Without a Country

Licensing for gun owners is not the answer either. The cops don't even know how to handle the guns they own or operate them effectively but they have everyone fooled.

The ignoramuses talking about priveleges are the first ones begging for guns because cops don't protect them when natural disasters strike, looting happens, and when riots stir. These are the same stooges whothink they can easily regulate guns. In the same boat are other types who think that the world is a big happy happy joy gumby land and that their neighborhood is safe because everyone is smoking their peace pipe and oiled their body down today.

Guns are not the issue, people being so afraid of their society that they need to have guns is the issue. People have guns because they are afraid of someone coming through their window at night, or stealing their car at a red light or whatever. They just live in fear.

I don't know why this guy did what he did but he was obviously a fuck up and he was able to get a couple of guns. That is the problem, and it doesn't matter where he lived he would have been able to get them and do what he did. Just a random act of violence that is only remarkable because of the record it holds as the largest for now. There are countries that have a higher rate of gun ownership per capita and do not have anywhere near the number of violent gun crimes. Maybe they are kinder to the less fortunate, have better social programs. Perhaps they have a stronger social safety net. Who knows. One thing that is for sure

is that this is a sad day for thousands of people that will never get the images of blood and brains, and the sounds of screaming out of their minds for as long as they live.

All 18-year-olds will now be required to pass the WASHL, as part of our new No Child Left Unarmed Bill. It's passing will show that we are serious about classroom security. As a fortunate side effect, this will also prepare our young for their impending tours of duty.

I say we ban climbing because it kills people and rescues are a tax burden.

wrong thred hunny... this one is about fucked up people who kill others on PURPOSE.

we have a different thred for accidents. ;)

How convenient. Well you're starting to get the picture.

You see there is no regulation of climbing and there is no standard except when it comes to guiding. Even those can be questioned in some regards.

Are you officially "ready" and "licensed" to climb that mountain? You'll have to go through a government sanctioned course first; courtesy of the Mountaineers with instructor Bob who's going to discuss a bunch of theories which he has never personally tested.

You see, climbers are generally viewed on the outskirts of society who are often perceived as dope smokers and losers that have a lower ranking than gun owners because they don't have any money to back their cause besides the outdoor industry. Many people consider them grossly irresponsible nuisances as well.

I say we ban climbing because it kills people and rescues are a tax burden.

wrong thred hunny... this one is about fucked up people who kill others on PURPOSE.

we have a different thred for accidents. ;)

How convenient. Well you're starting to get the picture.

You see there is no regulation of climbing and there is no standard except when it comes to guiding. Even those can be questioned in some regards.

Are you officially "ready" and "licensed" to climb that mountain? You'll have to go through a government sanctioned course first; courtesy of the Mountaineers with instructor Bob who's going to discuss a bunch of theories which he has never personally tested.

You see, climbers are generally viewed on the outskirts of society who are often perceived as dope smokers and losers that have a lower ranking than gun owners because they don't have any money to back their cause besides the outdoor industry. Many people consider them grossly irresponsible nuisances as well.

it is very obvious to me that you have never read any thing i have ever posted nor do you get my humor...

I really ment get rid of the crazy's... i like to have fresh meat and i think that is a NOT CRAZY use for a gun. nut jobs who shoot up schools or post offices or other peoples cars really aught to be removed from polite society.

so let me lay it out for you so you don't forget:

I am more libritarian than liberal

I think guns are an important tool for HUNTING

I think drugs and prositution should be leagal and taxed

I don't hink climbers should have to pay more than any one else pays to park their car if they want to climb or picnic pay your dam 3 dollars and get over it

I hate it when people who don't know me make assumptions and lump me in with the bleeding hearts.

I am not one

I am pro abortion

I am not a feminist

I am a proud divorced mother of 2 boys

I am NOT a mountain climber

I am NOT a republican

I climb rocks and i like them.

I am sick of my foot being broken

this statement has been a Muffy status check: all is well, as well can be :moondance:

so let me lay it out for you so you don't forget:

I am more libritarian than liberal

I think guns are an important tool for HUNTING

I think drugs and prositution should be leagal and taxed

I don't hink climbers should have to pay more than any one else pays to park their car if they want to climb or picnic pay your dam 3 dollars and get over it

I hate it when people who don't know me make assumptions and lump me in with the bleeding hearts.

I am not one

I am pro abortion

I am not a feminist

I am a proud divorced mother of 2 boys

I am NOT a mountain climber

I am NOT a republican

I climb rocks and i like them.

I am sick of my foot being broken

I am not sure why we're interested in knowing any of this.

Edited by tvashtarkatena

I wonder if concealed weapons weren't banned on campus how this would've ended. It seems to me that no matter how much you ban something, only the crazies and illegals will be the ones left with what's banned. That leaves the average joe pretty powerless when someone decides to go off the deep end, especially in a place where there are lots of people and only one guy has a gun. That's a lot of power over everyone.

Only crazies and illegals smoke pot?

But you're right. We should all be armed all the time just in case a South Korean goes crazy and starts shooting people randomly. For me, that's the number one thing on my mind every minute of every day: who in front of me is going to suddenly snap and start shooting?

You have no idea how many tranquilizers it takes to keep me from going over the edge....

while i'm not a huge proponent of guns and have mixed views on the second ammendment and all its connotations, in this case i don't think guns are the problem. i think that "crazy" is the problem.

i'd like to say that if we banned guns this wouldn't have happened. i doubt that's true. there are so many guns out there right now that if we banned them today, i can't imagine that it wouldn't be decades or longer before easy access to guns was a thing of the past.

I wonder if concealed weapons weren't banned on campus how this would've ended. It seems to me that no matter how much you ban something, only the crazies and illegals will be the ones left with what's banned. That leaves the average joe pretty powerless when someone decides to go off the deep end, especially in a place where there are lots of people and only one guy has a gun. That's a lot of power over everyone.

Only crazies and illegals smoke pot?

But you're right. We should all be armed all the time just in case a South Korean goes crazy and starts shooting people randomly. For me, that's the number one thing on my mind every minute of every day: who in front of me is going to suddenly snap and start shooting?

You have no idea how many tranquilizers it takes to keep me from going over the edge....

I'd like to see that experiment run some day. Give everyone in New York or LA a gun for the summer. Put a big wall up. See if the results actually jive with the premise that if *everyone* had a gun, no one would get shot. Seems to me that's an unproven statement. It's kind of like saying, if everyone had a computer, no one would be rude on the intertubes.

Guns in this country are a privilege not a right.

Guns in this country are a right not a privilege.

Oh yeah....do your homework.....look up how many times the courts has ruled that the 2nd amendment is not the end all. If it is a right, then why do you need a permit? If freedom of speech is a right then why do you need a permit to broadcast over airspace that nobody owns. I agree it should be a right….but I do not believe it is.