June - Ice on Rainier? Rock in Leavenworth?

DCTransplant

Howdy, folks!

I'm planning (plan is an overstatement, but I don't have a better word) a trip back to the NorthWest (in UT now) for some climbing in June. If Leavenworth, Squamish or any number of mountains and glaciers sound good during that timeframe, let's start talking. Dates have yet to be finalized but I'm looking to fill up about 20 days with the best of the Pacific Northwest's climbing. Email at yossarian19@gmail.com is best.

-Tom Slater

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tom,

I'd be up for climbing Rainier in early June if it is on your list....... What is your climbing experience? Have done Baker, and a few small one's in Oregon. I did take a 6 day mountainairing class on Baker last year with Alpine Ascents....

Let me know your thoughts.........

Dan

I'll do Rainier, depending on route. I'm going to hit Olympia on or about June 8, leave again June 24. I've done some glacier, no technical ice, lots of rock. Made some mistakes, learned some lessons, did Rainier last July.

I'm down for most anything June 8 - 24, folks. Hit me up.

Dan

Your email indicates you are looking to do some climbing in June. I have a permit to climb Rainier DC route between June 11-15. Partners have bailed due to lack of commitment, but I am rearing to go. Scrambling to find a partner or two. I have 4 years experience in Alaska between 96-99 and spent 40 miles on a glacier traverse. Choose DC route to get back into it. Been up Whitney multiple times as a day trip.

Drop me an email at robgaspard@willbruder.com to let me know if you have made plans.