Double boots?

John Frieh

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

yea, do tell. I need some ASAP. I wore the Nuptses off and on for about a month once (to break them in for AK), and liked them, but had sized them too big on mail order. They have good forward flex, a good lacing system IIRC, and a sticky-ish sole. The heel was too wide, though, so I had to trim some of the lugs off to get my Sarkens on them.

marcus has the only Spantiks I've ever seen, so ask him.

Get what fits mr. NOLSe. :wave:

Same boat, I got some Ice 9000s but I think they are a tad big and I get a wierd pressure point on the inside front of my left ankle. Might just try to find a size down (anyone need a nearly new pair of 11.5?) and then figure out the pressure point.

As to your list, I don't think the Scarpa Phantom Lite is actually a double boot, just a single with an attached gaiter. I don't know anything about em, but Lowa also makes an Expedition 6000 and Expedition 8000 that I think are both double boots (at least the 8000 is). Just don't look at the price.

Hey man,

Got my Boots in today, and all I can say is I got lucky. The Ice 9000's fit my feet perfect. I wear a 10.5 tenni and got the 10.5 in the Boots. My foot length is 10 inches from big toe to back of heel. The widest part of my foot is about 4 inches, and that is near the front under the toes. I cant comment on how they hold up yet...anyway, just know I am very pleased with them.