Breaking News: Climber Sends Warm-Up Route!

StevenSeagal

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't look for adventure on the classic routes, where you stumble over hundreds of people, nor even on routes that have been climbed several times. I want to start where others have wrecked.

Jozef "Dodo" Kopold, Marek Hudak and Jaro "Duce" Dutka, along with leader Pavol Lazar, were the first to arrive at Cho Oyu's (8201m) unusually busy base camp this spring. The team, which hopes to make a first ascent on Shishapangma's (8013m) northwest face, intended to acclimatize on Cho Oyu's normal route, which has the reputation of being the easiest climb to the top of any of the world's fourteen 8000-meter peaks.

Yeah, but they're planning to climb some hard routes! I think it's AWESOME that they have those plans. I don't care if they actually do it. They must be some badass climbers.

Some day, I'm going to solo the west face of G4, the Magic Line on K2, and the north ridge of Latok 1. Isn't that awesome?

To maximaize my acclimitization, I utilized a series 4 of fixed camps leading up to the meadow below the haystack. The haystack was climbed via the traditional route, however with the assistance of a bolt ladder.

Although seige tactics were used on si, mail box will be pure alpine style. It will blow your mind and uncage your soul!

He's like a hero in the Keno world, Old Kip.

He laughs in the face of Lady Luck, hitting the "jackpot" twice, against these odds:

The probability of a player hitting the "jackpot" 20 numbers from 20 chosen is approximately 1 in 3.5 quintillion (1 in 3,535,316,142,212,180,000 to the exact).[7] If every person who ever inhabited planet Earth played one keno game every single second of their lives, there would be about one jackpot-winning ticket to date. If all these possible keno tickets were laid end to end, they would span the Milky Way galaxy -- and only one of them would be a winner

He figures summiting is just a luck game, and Kip knows luck