Mount Erie: Orange Wall??

Choada_Boy

Seeing as the Kloke guide costs $27 and the free library at Return Every Item doesn't carry it, can anyone tell me how to get to the Orange Wall at Mount Erie? I tried yesterday, but got lost (Again? No way...) and ended up at a small cliff atop a prominence south of the Cirque arete. Where was I? Where the F@ck is the Orange Wall?

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Drive to the top of Erie and park at a small pull out on the right just before a hard left that leads to the final parking lot. That small turn around faces toward the two lakes and the sound. Facing west looking off Mt. Erie walk west then North toward the power lines and a cliff. You'll work above the cliff then down and around that noll back under the lines on a trail.

Basically wander down and around the cliffs and continue following the trail down past the power line wall which is on your right as you walk down hill. You'll end up eventually dropping directly below the power line wall and end up at the Orange wall. You pass one very dirty slabby cliff on the way to the orange wall and finally have to take the trail right to get to the orange wall.

About as clear as mud.

CBS is right, you can also get there from the bottom. I've gone both ways a number of times and usually drop in from the top since you also walk right by the Power Line wall and can check out who's there and if you feel like getting on that too.

If you were at the powerline wall looking up at the cliff, the trail is to your right and goes up then cuts left across the top, then up and right over to where you park.

All you have to do is make it to the Powerline wall but continue down the trail hugging the right until the trail breaks off and traverses over to the orange wall.

So yes, the orange wall is right below the powerline wall, not sure of the cirque Arete climb though, I'm not familiar with that name.

So where was I at? I started at the PLW and traversed south, cut across the gulley, and ended up on a clear prominence with a few bolted climbs, some with steep starts, on slabs behind a couple trees. There was a steep scramble on the right of this wall that got me back up to the powerlines.

Edited by Choada_Boy

Seeing as the Kloke guide costs $27 and the free library at Return Every Item doesn't carry it, can anyone tell me how to get to the Orange Wall at Mount Erie? I tried yesterday, but got lost (Again? No way...) and ended up at a small cliff atop a prominence south of the Cirque arete. Where was I? Where the F@ck is the Orange Wall?

Choada,

There's a for real library at WWU's Outdoor Center - If you offer to leave behind a driver's license they'll let even non-students borrow a guidebook to take up to the photocopier on the 6th floor.

If you were at the cirque just keep going along that same trail and youll hit it. These bolts really need replacing, especially on sunkist, half of them are turned sideways and with a good fall could snap. I tried to turn them with a biner but it didnt help much. If your heading down there bring a wrench and see if you can get em straight, Ill do the same next time.

-Brandon.

If you were at the cirque just keep going along that same trail and youll hit it. These bolts really need replacing, especially on sunkist, half of them are turned sideways and with a good fall could snap. I tried to turn them with a biner but it didnt help much. If your heading down there bring a wrench and see if you can get em straight, Ill do the same next time.

-Brandon.

What makes them dangerous, just because they are sideways? I've clipped sideways bolts with confidence before, figuring that they were just as strong as other bolts, but maybe harder to clip.

ARE YOU ON MEDS, MAN? WTF???

Where's the old Necro?

Quickly scanning my recently acquired xerox of the guidebook, listing some FAs by the Author:

-Revelation

-Pestilence

-Tribulation

-The Alpha and the Omega

-Famine

-False Prophet

-Plague

-The Beast

-Sword

-New Creation

-Redemption

Um...okay. How about "Shitty Guidebook", "Religion is the Opiate of the People", and "Why the Fuck Would You Name Such Shitty Climbs So Shittily" as three of the of the missing seals of the forthcoming Apocalypse?

On sunkist, the clip before the little crux clip it and then tork on (the hanger) and watch it flex. Will it hold a good fall? Of course. Will it hold many falls??? I like the orange wall especially in Feb. in a t-shirt but just think the bolts suck. This goes for other areas at Erie. Powerline wall 5.8, have seen a sideways hanger cause the biner to open up on a couple different beginning climbers. Makes for an fun first lead I guess.. Im too lazy to re-bolt, but just thought a turn of a wrench might help.

-Brandon

Justin, accept Jesus as your personal savior and you will find the Orange wall.

Another reason not to buy the guidebook.

Why is a person's desire to help others find God a reason not to buy the guidebook? I am no Jesus freak, but this dude has good beta and he's passionate about something and trying to do some good in this world. Has he somehow forced his worldview on you?

What's your deal?

BTW, you can buy the book at the convenience store at the base of the cliff by the lake.

Justin, accept Jesus as your personal savior and you will find the Orange wall.

Another reason not to buy the guidebook.

Why is a person's desire to help others find God a reason not to buy the guidebook?

What's your deal?

Christians killed, raped, and ate Choada Boy's whole family when he was just a baby, and he was raised by an order of ninjas specifically to revenge himself on them.

He's not forcing his world view on me, because I refuse to buy his guidebook. If I were to but his guidebook, he would be forcing his world view on me, or at least trying to. And why is he "Helping me to find God"? That's the same as saying he's "Helping me to become a complete fucking idiot."

Which God? Where is God? How much does God weigh? What is God made out of? Satisfactorily answer these questions, and a host of others, and I still won't buy his guidebook.

Regardless, I have plans on putting up some sick new lines in the newly de-mossed "Satan's Sanctuary"