Death of a climbing friend....

cindy66

An Akranas climber by the name of Deon Poole lost his life on Mount Petite Jean on 4-10-07. If anyone of you have ever met this guy he was a true lover of the moutians...a true mtn.climber, and a excellent friend.,and my partner....on alot of adventures.just letting all know that we have lost another lover of the climb.......

cindy66

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very sad to hear this. While I've known some who have died in the mountains, a friend whom I, and several others on this board, have climbed with died in a climbing accident last year. His memorial service was a celebration of his life and love of teaching in the mountains. Hundreds of climbers shared their grief among a common crowd. It was helpful to know there were others who had the same itching questions, doubts, reflections. It was healing to share and to listen.

appreciate the condolences guys.,and gals., he was truly the best climber partner i have ever had......will be hard to find a substitue for him.....he was excellent teacher,and always there to teach what i had not learned yet, my teaher is now gone so it will be difficult to find another that provided me the wisdom he did...........such a tremendous loss to the climbing world..........

• 3 weeks later...