Kurt Vonnegut

Dechristo

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Q: So is this really the final book? Timequake was supposed to be your farewell, and then Dr. Kevorkian came along.

VONNEGUT: I don't fucking know. I keep thinking I'll die. Why do you think I smoke so much?

Q: How many packs are you up to a day?

VONNEGUT: Never mind. It's none of your fucking business. Fuck off—you know what I'm saying?

Q: You were one of the few people to walk out of Dresden. Now, some fifty years later, you're among the last men standing.

Vonnegut: Every so often I run into someone on the street who announces to me that they are really a survivor. I mean, who the fuck isn't? If you're not dead, you're a survivor. [Laughs]

Q: When I was reading Dr. Kevorkian, I was reminded a bit of a Japanese film from a couple years ago called "Afterlife."

Vonnegut: I haven't heard of it.

Q: It's premise is that those who have recently died are taken to a waiting room for one week, during which time they must choose only a single memory from their entire lives which will endlessly replay for them, while all of their other memories are erased.

Vonnegut: So everybody's fucking, right?

:rawk: