• Announcements

• olyclimber

WELCOME TO THE CASCADECLIMBERS.COM FORUMS   02/03/18

We have upgraded to new forum software as of late last year, and it makes everything here so much better!  It is now much easier to do pretty much anything, including write Trip Reports, sell gear, schedule climbing related events, and more. There is a new reputation system that allows for positive contributors to be recognized,  it is possible to tag content with identifiers, drag and drop in images, and it is much easier to embed multimedia content from Youtube, Vimeo, and more.  In all, the site is much more user friendly, bug free, and feature rich!   Whether you're a new user or a grizzled cascadeclimbers.com veteran, we think you'll love the new forums. Enjoy!
Sign in to follow this  

A rant on people who bail

I Fucking hate people who bail on trips. 3 of us have plane tickets to vegas for 5 days and the fucker who was supposed to meet us there with the camper van bailed because it took him a month to NOT fix his car in time. Now what was supposed to be a cheap trip just doubled in price. Fuck people who bail.

Thank you.

can I say the word Fuck on here? oh well

Edited by 111

that sucks man. so you were going to camp in the van somewhere other than the campground? or it basically doubles because you have to rent a car now?

yea, car rental for 5 days =150+ we were going to camp wherever because we didnt need to find tent spots but now we have to bring tents and whatnot to stay at the campground sites.

a couple of years ago i faced a similiar situation in anchorage - me and the crew discovered the cheapest thing to do was to rent a u-haul truck - you could sleep in it, it holds a shitload of gear, and if you don't put too many miles on it it's damn cheap

That is an incredible idea. Reminds me of the limo full of Chileans that once pulled into Camp 4 while I was there.

nothing like having a partner bail 5 pitches up El Cap....your right, fuck 'em!

I feel your pain on that one. Even had one bail half way up Astroman and that was supposed to be a quickie. Disapointing.