Gear On ebay

Kane

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the reason I posted the set of nuts was because for some reason after I listed them they would not show up, so people could not actually see them in the newly listed, or get them using search feathure. This had happened before and last time it took 20 hours before the item finally listed....Thought this might generate some more views which had been lost...Anyways, I got lots a gear on there, but I wont post a link..Keeping the forums clean is cool, but my post is still here, and now that the link is gone it's even more worthless than it was. Might be better for a mod to delete the posts that are not within spec, or whatever.............

Kane, I'm an active ebayer.... if you have several items on there, try doing the old "please see my other auctions, 'cause I got lots of other climbing junk", etc.

This tends to open up all the items quite a bit. If someone finds one of your items, you essentially have found a prospective buyer to your other items, too! It's one of my personal favs.

But anyway, back to the point at hand, Oly... why is cross posting such an abhorrent crime anywho?

Kevin, the reason is that by "cross posting" what you're actually doing is advertising...which we don't allow except for sponors of the site. But is also goes against the spirit that we have in mind for the yardsale forum....climbers exchanging gear with climbers without some outside auction to the highest bidder.

And yes Kane, I'll delete this thread next week after people have a chance to read this.

The point of Yard Sale is to offload the goods locally at bro deal prices, not to get the most you can for them from some slob in New Jersey who doesnt know a Ramer plate from a Dynafit brake.

What's a ramer plate? Is that an asian noodle dish?

Alright, thanks fellas.

I really had no problem about the post being edited, or whatever, because I should have read the rules in the first place. Bro deals rock, and I have gotten some from people on this site. It's probably about time I start doing them too...Everything is understood! Thanks

I certainly don't advise breaking the rules (and it's quite clear that Kane had no malicious intent), but I think that so long as the eBay listings aren't invasive and coming from all directions, that they could be of great benefit to the members of this site who are interested.

The benefits of such are not solely for the seller, but also for the buyer--I'm very wary of eBay purchases of climbing equipment, but if I know that the seller posts over here, then I'm a lot more likely to feel safe buying the equipment, especially but not exclusively if it's a name that I recognize.

Also, in response to Alex' post, we can talk on and on about how it's nice for people around here to help each other out with decent deals, but that goes both ways. There's nothing wrong with a seller getting his equipment's worth when he gives it up.

Is it possible that maybe we could have a single dedicated thread into which eBay posters could post their auctions? I don't think that that would trivialize the sponsors any more than the Yard Sale forum already may.

Of course, I'm happy to just have found this place, and I'll obviously happily go along with whatever the powers that be decide. I just thought that I'd throw in my two cents.

I'm not saying it doesnt, ambys; I've sold tons of stuff on ebay. But when I sell stuff I either 1) have tried to sell here and on turns-all-year first or craiglist and gotten no response, or 2) I don't advertise here or any local site at the time of the ebay sale to draw prospective buyers.

I certainly don't advise breaking the rules (and it's quite clear that Kane had no malicious intent), but I think that so long as the eBay listings aren't invasive and coming from all directions, that they could be of great benefit to the members of this site who are interested.

The benefits of such are not solely for the seller, but also for the buyer--I'm very wary of eBay purchases of climbing equipment, but if I know that the seller posts over here, then I'm a lot more likely to feel safe buying the equipment, especially but not exclusively if it's a name that I recognize.

Also, in response to Alex' post, we can talk on and on about how it's nice for people around here to help each other out with decent deals, but that goes both ways. There's nothing wrong with a seller getting his equipment's worth when he gives it up.

Is it possible that maybe we could have a single dedicated thread into which eBay posters could post their auctions? I don't think that that would trivialize the sponsors any more than the Yard Sale forum already may.

Of course, I'm happy to just have found this place, and I'll obviously happily go along with whatever the powers that be decide. I just thought that I'd throw in my two cents.

You will be :ass:imilated.

To piggy back on this idea; what if folks just used a standard thread title intro (like the [TR] intro) to let folks know that the posting in the yard sale is actually a link to eBay. It could be something clever like

[eBay] FS: Nut Set

or some such convention.

Is it possible that maybe we could have a single dedicated thread into which eBay posters could post their auctions?

there is one.

It is called ebay.com.

If you want to buy and sell on ebay, go to ebay. It has a very functional search engine (unlike this place :P )and WAY less letters to type in the address bar.

ebay listings are not and will not be allowed here in the Yard Sale. This was a rule emplaced due to wishes of the general membership, not something the mods and admins came up with just to be power trippers.

CC.com sponsors are not allowed to post their sales in the Yard Sale forum either, but are welcome to post them in the Online/Local Shops.