Nappy Headed Hos

KaskadskyjKozak

Will these story ever die? WTF??? When will the thought police begin to round up the politically incorrect, shoot them in the back of the head, and dump them into pits?

Discuss.

:battlecage:

Will the persecution of people of African slave descent in America ever die? WTF??? When will cultural norms shoot down the public bigotry and mysogny that would never be tolerated by white men?

I couldn't care less about Imus or who is saying this shit on the radio. It's the persistence of the sentiments and beliefs, a century and a half after the end of slavery, and decades after the end of Jim Crow, after the end of segregation, after the passage of the Civil Rights laws, that make me sick over the nastiness and pretension of racial and physical superiority of people.

Disgust.

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was a stupid thing for him to say, but at the same time, the level of hypersensitivity in this country is getting ridiculous.

My thoughts exactly. Sticks and stones may break my bones but names will never hurt me. My parents taught me that at quite a young age.

requesting his apology is lamer/weaker/etc than letting it roll off. if you don't like the statements, don't dignify them by making a scandal out of it.

I didn't even know who Imus was until this "scandal".

What he said is mild in comparison to the crap you can find on this site daily, or on just about any street corner in a major US city for that matter. I say BFD to this whole flap, and to those posturing on your high horse and screaming for outrage - get a life.

And for those of you who can't recognize behavior deserving of outrage when it comes along, I'd say adjust your sensitivity dial. He maybe the bigot-of-the-week and you've just been too media saturated to care, but if you don't find his comments completely unwarranted and beyond patently offensive then you are not only as ignorant than him, you aren't even capable of processing it anymore - hard to tell which is a sadder condition.

His comments towards this team of young women who have worked their guts out to get where they are would be just another racist pejorative I'd expect from at least four of you if you ever spoke honestly rather from your usual couched bullshit. Coming from someone in his position it is no longer a simple matter of personal responsibility and freedom of speech - as an ex-journalist (and Father of a teenage girl) I have no problem saying it borders on criminal on his part as unacceptable hate speech. That the Chairman of GE, NBC, and Bill Gates haven't called for or ordered his immediate firing is about the only part of this incident that is more embarassing than Imus himself.

And for those of you who can't recognize behavior deserving of outrage when it comes along, I'd say adjust your sensitivity dial. He maybe the bigot-of-the-week and you've just been too media saturated to care, but if you don't find his comments completely unwarranted and beyond patently offensive then you are not only as ignorant than him, you aren't even capable of processing it anymore - hard to tell which is a sadder condition.

His comments towards this team of young women who have worked their guts out to get where they are would be just another racist pejorative I'd expect from at least four of you if you ever spoke honestly rather from your usual couched bullshit. Coming from someone in his position it is no longer a simple matter of personal responsibility and freedom of speech - as an ex-journalist I have no problem saying it borders on criminal on his part as unacceptable hate speech. That the Chairman of GE, NBC, and Bill Gates haven't called or ordered his immediate firing is about the only thing that has occured in this incident that is more embarassing than Imus himself.

Yeah, whatever. Gotta love the "selective" outrage.

We now live in a completely rude and uncivil society where anything and everything goes. This site is a reflection of that reality, in case you need an example. What Imus said is hardly different than what is said daily in public here and elsewhere - with targets ranging the spectrum of race, religion, and gender.

The most sickening part of this display is becoming less related to the original comments and more to the politically correct thought-Gestapo beating their drums to burn the witch at the stake.

criminal??? why??

and how is it even racist? he said 'nappy headed hos'... what in that statement has anything to do w/ race??

i've seen plenty of WHITE hemp wearing hippy climber hos w/ dreadlocks. now THAT is nappy!

he was judging women by their appearance, making sexist comments about how "doable" they are, and judging their class by their appearance.

sounds like what men do all the time - mentally and verbally, including people on this site

His comments towards this team of young women who have worked their guts out to get where they are would be just another racist pejorative I'd expect from at least four of you if you ever spoke honestly rather from your usual couched bullshit. Coming from someone in his position it is no longer a simple matter of personal responsibility and freedom of speech - as an ex-journalist I have no problem saying it borders on criminal on his part as unacceptable hate speech. That the Chairman of GE, NBC, and Bill Gates haven't called or ordered his immediate firing is about the only thing that has occured in this incident that is more embarassing than Imus himself.

Yeah, whatever. Gotta love the "selective" outrage.

We now live in a completely rude and uncivil society where anything and everything goes. This site is a reflection of that reality, in case you need an example. What Imus said is hardly different than what is said daily in public here and elsewhere - with targets ranging the spectrum of race, religion, and gender.

The most sickening part of this display is becoming less related to the original comments and more to the politically correct thought-Gestapo beating their drums to burn the witch at the stake.

Agree completely with KKS - and JosephH to address why the networks haven't cancelled the show.....because left-wing wack-job sensitivity-trained wing-nuts like yourself have whipped this into such a press frenzy, his ratings will sky-rocket when he gets off probation.

The one thing that stuck in my mind out of all this rhetoric, was the comment made by a player or the coach. "[He] called someone's daughter a ho." On national radio. As a father I'd be outraged. I don't live far from Rutgers Univ. Ever hear of it before now? Not likely. Their teams were perenial basement dwellers up until recently. These women played against Tenn, a team that dominates women's hoops. When they were recruited they probably weren't all-stars. They pulled together as a team, and almost pulled it off. Instead of savoring a tremendous season, they're tasting this shit.

Are the flames being fanned by the opportunist? You're fucking A tweety. The blood suckers will drain it dry. Reverend my ass. A real man of the cloth would most likely forgive him for his idiotic statement, try instead to promote dialogue, and end this scourge.

that wasn't in the headlines....

and the only other time i've heard that word is in a da lynch mob song. they are black.

You never listen to PE?

"Like I guess you

Could play some jigaboo

Off the plantation

What else can a * do?

A black woman in this profession

Playing a lawyer?

Out of the question

For what they play Aunt Jemima is the perfect term

Even if now she got a perm

So lets make our own movies like Spike Lee

Cause the roles being offered don't strike me

As something that the black man can use to earn-

Burn, Hollywood, Burn"

he said 'nappy headed hos'... what in that statement has anything to do w/ race??

Oh puh-lease. :P That is incredibly disingenuous. Give me a fucking break. He's referring to the natural hair quality of Americans of African descent, in a derogatory way. And he's specifically implying that a black woman is as good as a whore.

I'd fire his ass. It's not about the "hypersensitivity" of American culture or any other issue. It's about making bigoted remarks about black Americans in the media. If he works with any black people, I would also sue him for creating a hostile work environment.

Given the history of black-white relations in America, it's not OK to talk this way in a public (privately owned) media, and on the job. Unless you work for the KKK or Aryan fucking Nations.

Personally, his taste in clothes alone should get him slammed.

that wasn't in the headlines....

and the only other time i've heard that word is in a da lynch mob song. they are black.

You never listen to PE?

"Like I guess you

Could play some jigaboo

Off the plantation

What else can a * do?

A black woman in this profession

Playing a lawyer?

Out of the question

For what they play Aunt Jemima is the perfect term

Even if now she got a perm

So lets make out own movies like Spike Lee

Cause the roles being offered don't strike me

As something that the black man can use to earn-

Burn, Hollywood, Burn"

i loved how that song predicted the la riots 2 years 'fore they happened

such a tough one to pick the best track off that album - pollywannacracker? welcome to the goddamn terror-dome? war at 33 1/3? fear of a black planet? shit - dem was da dayz!

My sympathy lies w/ the women's b-ball team and their coach. Not the rest of the lampreys. Now for my other beef- where is the outrage when Whoopi, Chris Rock, and other A.A. comics denegrate European Americans, or does that not count. I suppose next you'll be beating us down with the whole reparations issue. Perhaps you can go work for Randall Robinson.

he said 'nappy headed hos'... what in that statement has anything to do w/ race??

Oh puh-lease. :P That is incredibly disingenuous. Give me a fucking break. He's referring to the natural hair quality of Americans of African descent, in a derogatory way. And he's specifically implying that a black woman is as good as a whore.

Of course it's OK to mock Condie rice in the style as posted by KBoner a few weeks back. That didn't seem to bother you one bit, now did it? She's regularly blasted by lefties, denigrated, mocked and given no respect - and it is done in a sexist, racist manner. And she's done a lot more with her life - with many more achievements - than a college basketball player. :wave:

My sympathy lies w/ the women's b-ball team and their coach. Not the rest of the lampreys. Now for my other beef- where is the outrage when Whoopi, Chris Rock, and other A.A. comics denegrate European Americans, or does that not count. I suppose next you'll be beating us down with the whole reparations issue. Perhaps you can go work for Randall Robinson.

The bball team has suffered more because of the media circus than the original talk show comments. Without the latter attention, they'd likely never have even heard of the original comments.

Nah. Bigotry and racial hatred are too real and destructive, Erik.

But I've said my piece; y'all go on blithely skipping through life, now.

How many thousands of years is your soul willing to suffer through that kind of personal responsibility? Because it is not new, that.