Nappy Headed Hos

KaskadskyjKozak

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah, the judgmentless society argument. No values, where anything and everything is simply fodder for derision, scorn, and shock. I argue instead that even using no other moral compass or standard than common sense you'd have to be blind or complicit to not judge certain behaviors and actions as inappropriate to the common good.

For example, the Bush adminstration's motives, methods, and actions relative to not only the war in Iraq, but also broad swaths of governmental policy, at nearly every turn, have been dishonest, disenginous, and at times treasonous almost from day one due to their ends-justifies-any-means approach to a 'conservative revolution in government'.

In the case of Imus' on-air speech, as a professional journalist his speech was by any cogent standard a textbook example of hate speech pure and simple. He's free to spew his personal biases and bigotry as a private citizen - he has a different responsibility when he's on the air. A whole genre of media talking heads have spawned over the past 20 years which at their core are based on hateful content designed to skirt the edges of legal speech to shock, enrage, and incite divisions among peoples. Hopefully Howard Stern and others of their ilk were awake at some point during this whole pitiful episode. But in the end people get what they accept.

Blind judgment rooted in dogma is lamentable, a blind eye to injustice, criminal, and treasonous behavior is stupidity. I just don't mind calling them as I see them when speech and action leave the realm of opinion and private concern to negatively impact public welfare. At one time that's what journalism used to be about - public accountability rather than hate-filled 'entertainment'.

He notes that Stan Gooch holds the theory that the Jews are the modern descendants of the Neanderthal

Wrong.

Descendents of Satan and Eve.

Pay attention, bishes.

Just in case someone doesn't get the humor: the faith says that the Covenenant between God and Abraham was the beginning of the line.

Thanks Arch. Also a poorly constructed tie in to the Idaho thread and the vitriol spewed by my pig fucking racist neighbors (OMG, I called racists pig fuckers, I'm a bigot too!), America's Promise Ministries.

Also, I'm stealing one of your downthread quotes for my new sig, in a perfect world every one of my posts would have it flashing in neon all the way around it, I'll settle for the sig line.

kthnxbye.

He notes that Stan Gooch holds the theory that the Jews are the modern descendants of the Neanderthal

Wrong.

Pay attention, bishes.

Just in case someone doesn't get the humor: the faith says that the Covenenant between God and Abraham was the beginning of the line.

Thanks Arch. Also a poorly constructed tie in to the Idaho thread and the vitriol spewed by my pig fucking racist neighbors (OMG, I called racists pig fuckers, I'm a bigot too!), America's Promise Ministries.

Also, I'm stealing one of your downthread quotes for my new sig, in a perfect world every one of my posts would have it flashing in neon all the way around it, I'll settle for the sig line.

kthnxbye.

Wow, I got quoted.

:blush:

By the way: If "nappy-headed ho" is so racist, why did every goddamn reporter repeat it ad nauseum" When someone says "*" publicly, all the talking heads can bring themselves to mutter is "he said the n-word". I call bullshit on cries of overt racism in a stupid comment. You want to get all pissy about racism? Take a look at yo'self, nigga.

what's that old George Carlin routine? words mean nothing until we give them meaning? they're just a collection of letters?

this whole thing does nothing to improve anything in this country.

Imus is an ignorant slut for saying it. period. HOWEVER if this had been handled properly from the beginning the words wouldn't have had much power. CBS should have quietly said at the very beginning "you're fired." If they had done that, it might've indicated that we've made progress in this country. Instant recognition that it wasn't acceptable would've taken away some of negative power of those words.

The fact that there was any debate about it or that they thought a suspension would suffice just shows that bigotry continues to thrive at the highest corporate levels. Those words have meaning b/c of the actions of the people in control of the situation.

Al Sharpton is the biggest ho of them all.

Wrong.

Pay attention, bishes.

kthnxbye.

Wow, I got quoted.

:blush:

Sort of. The ghey ass (OMG, he hates queers too!) 100 space sig limit required some choppin...

what's that old George Carlin routine? words mean nothing until we give them meaning? they're just a collection of letters?

"Here's something that's never been said before: 'As soon as I shove this red-hot poker up my ass, I'M GONNA CHOP MY DICK OFF!!!!'....

..you know WHY that's never been said? CAUSE NO ONE WOULD EVER SAY THAT!!! I'M THE FIRST PERSON TO EVER PUT THOSE EXACT WORDS TOGETHER IN THAT ORDER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

:lmao: Carlin rocks!

"Here's something that's never been said before: 'As soon as I shove this red-hot poker up my ass, I'M GONNA CHOP MY DICK OFF!!!!'....

..you know WHY that's never been said? CAUSE NO ONE WOULD EVER SAY THAT!!! I'M THE FIRST PERSON TO EVER PUT THOSE EXACT WORDS TOGETHER IN THAT ORDER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

:lmao: Carlin rocks!

:lmao:

It's just music. It's all how you take it.

There's always a time and place for everything. With hip hop music that's a certain situation where those remarks can be used, but on public radio station pointed to a particular group it's not proper

Being they are a performing artist group they're merely here to entertain us. That's nothing serious in content, they're here to entertain

however... AL says

t's time to show the media and the public that it is not necessary to be misogynist and racist to be creative or to be commercial in this country

linky

And the beat goes on ...kneejerk ...stream of unconsciousness you've inadvertantly displayed here.

I submit you display the fruit of the same mechanism.

Your posts are rife with the judgement of others; you display what you condemn.

Ah, the judgmentless society argument. No values, where anything and everything is simply fodder for derision, scorn, and shock. I argue instead that even using no other moral compass or standard than common sense you'd have to be blind or complicit to not judge certain behaviors and actions as inappropriate to the common good.

For example, the Bush adminstration's motives, methods, and actions relative to not only the war in Iraq, but also broad swaths of governmental policy, at nearly every turn, have been dishonest, disenginous, and at times treasonous almost from day one due to their ends-justifies-any-means approach to a 'conservative revolution in government'.

In the case of Imus' on-air speech, as a professional journalist his speech was by any cogent standard a textbook example of hate speech pure and simple. He's free to spew his personal biases and bigotry as a private citizen - he has a different responsibility when he's on the air. A whole genre of media talking heads have spawned over the past 20 years which at their core are based on hateful content designed to skirt the edges of legal speech to shock, enrage, and incite divisions among peoples. Hopefully Howard Stern and others of their ilk were awake at some point during this whole pitiful episode. But in the end people get what they accept.

Blind judgment rooted in dogma is lamentable, a blind eye to injustice, criminal, and treasonous behavior is stupidity. I just don't mind calling them as I see them when speech and action leave the realm of opinion and private concern to negatively impact public welfare. At one time that's what journalism used to be about - public accountability rather than hate-filled 'entertainment'.

No, it's not about being without judgment, but the application of judgment.

As an example, it's appropriate that I judge the length to cut a board, but inappropriate to judge myself as wrong, or stupid, should I make an error, unless I want to do it for humor (which, I often do).

We have laws to determine "wrong" behavior and I believe it appropriate to petition for the creation or change of laws, but the endless haranguing and bitching on what you think is Right and Wrong sours the giver and the receiver...admittedly, it's a habit hard to break.

Lighten up. Your last breath should taste sweet.

We have laws to determine "wrong" behavior...

Laws delineate the limits and boundaries of behavior. Many people behave badly, but know the laws and how to skirt or surf them quite well. Personal morality, ethics and behavior are essentially all requisite for laws to work en masse. The Bush administration is an excellent example of a group of people whose collective approach to governing has been extra-legal since day one having inherited that mindset from the Reagan administration. It takes months and years for the "law" to catch up with such people and it sometimes never does.

I will agree that "right" and "wrong" often have many varied interpretations, but there are also times when things are clearly "wrong" and it's seems to be almost a disease these days that people sadly and endlessly equivocate and rationalize what should be a simple 'judgment' call. In the Imus case one can debate what the appropriate response should be, but anyone defending his statements via any line of argument or rationalization should look hard in the mirror.