Nappy Headed Hos

KaskadskyjKozak

it pisses me off when people talk about 'fat americans'....same thing, no?

Three inches of fat is three inches of fat.

I'm talking about subjectively placing people in derogatory categories because of their ancestry.

Besides, if someone calls you fat, say "I may be fat, but you're ugly, and I can lose weight."

so was i.

you also making my point w/ the 'if someone calls you...'

"i may be nappy headed...but i'm a good ball player"

people are going to say mean things. there are always tactless idiots. but do you sit and mope about it or get over it and prove em wrong?

You totally missed my points--both of 'em.

But I'm off to work. Fight amongst yourselves.

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

KaskadskyjKozak, guys like you are an embarassment to true racists and chauvinists who at least have the spine to stand up and own what they believe however sad and pathetic they may be. But guys like you try to claim to be neither, but rather hide behind a mask of the same reguritated words Karl Rove and other master manipulators of race in politics have spewed for several hundred years in our country. Imus and folks like you are living proof that racism, while by and large now forced underground in popular culture, can easily resurge when given the cover of disingenuious, national leadership who came to power only by wielding hate at the grassroots level of rural America.

oh, but could it be that your reaction is subjective? i mean, ok, you think of snoop dogg.. could that be because snoop is as close as you come to black culture?

wait a second.. what does this have to do with black culture anyway... i was just saying that the phrase "NHH's" sounds like something snoop dog or some other mtv rappers would say, white or black. although i prefer black rappers. but eminem is good. so is lil wyte.

Looks like the CC.com machine is starting to get into full swing…..all I want to know is. What is their hair like? Is it nappy? And do they sleep around? Are they hoes? Lets get to the bottom of it!

KB - this is an adult conversation...please choose another thread

what is black culture?

not what you'd think unless you're immersed in it - i was one of a handful of white teachers in a 90% black school for many years in the south - i kinda miss it - i felt like i never really understood what the hell was going on - big puffy avirex jackets and the word "shah" were a big part though :)

Will these story ever die? WTF??? When will the thought police begin to round up the politically incorrect, shoot them in the back of the head, and dump them into pits?

Discuss.

:battlecage:

Will the persecution of people of African slave descent in America ever die? WTF??? When will cultural norms shoot down the public bigotry and mysogny that would never be tolerated by white men?

I couldn't care less about Imus or who is saying this shit on the radio. It's the persistence of the sentiments and beliefs, a century and a half after the end of slavery, and decades after the end of Jim Crow, after the end of segregation, after the passage of the Civil Rights laws, that make me sick over the nastiness and pretension of racial and physical superiority of people.

Disgust.

Not all black people are from Africa. To continue to state this is to continue to support our ignorance around this issue.

Furthermore, not all blacks who live in America are decendents of slaves.

Also, just an observation that I find a little amusing.

Why is it that folks use the parenthetical for women and gals in this discussion? I can tell you how this may come across: that a person who utilizes this punctuation (which, by the way, is also easy to hear when a person is talking and throws in the old "and women" into their sentence) that has internalized the belief that females are secondary or an afterthought to the primary group--males.

I am not putting down anyone who does this, I am merely inviting them to examine an aspect of their communication that they may not be aware of.

KaskadskyjKozak, guys like you are an embarassment to true racists and chauvinists who at least have the spine to stand up and own what they believe however sad and pathetic they may be. But guys like you try to claim to be neither, but rather hide behind a mask of the same reguritated words Karl Rove and other master manipulators of race in politics have spewed for several hundred years in our country. Imus and folks like you are living proof that racism, while by and large now forced underground in popular culture, can easily resurge when given the cover of disingenuious, national leadership who came to power only by wielding hate at the grassroots level of rural America.

guys like you are proof that dropping acid causes permanent brain damage with a concomitant diminished capability to reason :wave:

oh, yeah, FOAD.

not all black people are from Africa

yeah some are from Japan and Greenland :rolleyes:

If you want to go far enough back then you have to say that we are all of African heritage, no? I am not an expert about this--frankly it never really interested me much. But am I totally off the mark here?

Also, just an observation that I find a little amusing.

Why is it that folks use the parenthetical for women and gals in this discussion? I can tell you how this may come across: that a person who utilizes this punctuation (which, by the way, is also easy to hear when a person is talking and throws in the old "and women" into their sentence) that has internalized the belief that females are secondary or an afterthought to the primary group--males.

I am not putting down anyone who does this, I am merely inviting them to examine an aspect of their communication that they may not be aware of.

it seems to me the comments were aimed at objectifying and denigrating the WOMEN. Race was secondary, and more tightly related to *class* and class-stereotypes.