Blackwater

olyclimber

• Replies 391
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You seem utterly dense on how this all works. Staying makes us less safe by showing China we don't have the will to succeed. Leaving makes us less safe because we will have simply helped out Iran, stirred up a hornet's nest, and then walked away. That's why it was completely ignorant to invade Iraq in the first place.

This is fucking rich! The same semantic, parsing bullshit brought to us by Bubba! I'm gonna frame your comment, and whenever I need a good laugh, pull it out. :lmao:

Look, I don't know you well enough to say whether you're a complete f#cking idiot or not, but if you can't parse the truth out of that semantic bullshit then you're making the answer to that question pretty obvious. Hell, maybe you'd like to enlighten us as to exactly how the war has helped make us more secure and lay out your 'solution' to the way forward - you clearly didn't read or understand mine...

and your logic is the one in need of remedial education, sir. if our presence in Iraq makes us "less safe" as you and your ilk periodically vomit in some anti-war thread, then clearly the effect of our leaving would be to make us more safe.

Damn dude, i don't have the time to try to educate a magna cum filled laude pastry boy in basic variable and non-variable logic. goddamnit, one more try:

A situation exists. Non-static of course (is anything ever? Even the variable x, post-value defined?), but let's pretend it's relatively stable.

Iraq, for instance. ok fucked up situation, but clearly not a threat to anyone: no weaponry, poor army, eradicated infrastructure, high infant mortality rate (thanks to clinton's siege; perhaps he was softening them up for Bush? Booga Booga!).

So the US goes in, and it's a conflagration. A "terrorist" recruiter's wet dream. I mean this is better than hundreds of virgins in heaven. US servicemen and women die, BY THE THOUSANDS; ask them if things are more dangerous.

Our entry CREATED this danger. Very clear. It's a catalyst, nitroglycerin. The chain of events is already set off. It doesn't logically follow (why do you insist it does?) that a sudden departure would somehow bring back an initial set-point? It can't, since that set-point has long since disappeared.

We can talk about what effect a sudden departure might have, but it's not a question of the false (non-) logical progression that you present.

Your "logic" is incoherent, and your argument is tendentious.

Edited by sexual_chocolate

It doesn't logically follow (why do you insist it does?) that a sudden departure would somehow bring back an initial set-point? It can't, since that set-point has long since disappeared.

1. I never said it logically followed

2. my point, you obtuse dipshit, is that is what is IMPLIED by the simplistic sound-bite rhetoric of the anti-war crowd. "we are less safe now" is quickly followed by "withdrawal timeline" and "get the boys home". The implication is intentional - the demagoguery to deceive through simplistic assertion and innuendo reinforced with repetition.

And fuck off with your tangential barbs. Unlike that moron ass clown No. 13 whatever who is clearly a few dozen IQ points lower than Bush, I've never maintained that you fall in that category. The thread you cite with your pathetic barbs was meant to put him in his place - which it did. All you do is drop to the level of a moron, which you clearly aren't, whatever your personal academic credentials may be.

We have to go in because it's, a, well, TERRORIST HAVEN!

........roll blunder tape

We can't leave because,well, it's a, TERRORIST HAVEN!

Repeat ad nausem.

Surely you realize that terrorism never played a role in this?

It was about oil, with some attendant contingencies of various relevance. Pretty simple, really.

And what the fuck am I doing babbling about this self-evident shit anyways?

OUT!

Damn dude, i don't have the time to try to educate a magna cum filled laude pastry boy in basic variable and non-variable logic.

Homeboy is also allegedly a member of Phi Beta Kappa :lmao:

Stage II: when you get the better of him on a regular basis, Tucker will pretend to put you on ignore. :wave: