Climbing Mt Olympus this summer

nalini

I am an intermediate climber who very much wants to climb Mt Olympus this summer, sometime between June 22-July 7. I live in Olympia, WA. If anyone is organizing a trip around that time, please let me know. I am a forest ecologist and know a lot about plants, animals, fungi, and soils of the region. Thanks.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi:

Thanks for your response. I am glad you are interested. Have you climbed Mt Olympus before? I've climbed Mt. Rainier, Mt. Hood, and Mt. Wilhelm (Papua New Guinea). I also do long solo trail runs and backpacking trips in the PNW. I have always wanted to climb Mt Olympus, as I have carried out extensive forest canopy research in the Olympic National Park (Hoh and Quinault), using mountainclimbing techniques to ascend tall trees. My dates at this point are flexible, but I'd like to nail down some dates to make sure they stay free, as I do a lot of travelling. I am not teaching this summer (I am a forest ecology professor at the Evergreen State College), so am able to set aside time.

Thanks!

nalini