[tr] Smith

archenemy

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My news for the weekend is that I think I have moles :(

Does anyone rent weasels by the hour? Or anything else that will go down holes and kill things for that matter! :eveeel:

I nominate Kbone for the job as he is the obvious choice. I would imagine that this sort of employment would only come naturally to him. As a matter of instinct I would theorize that he would be unable to stop himself.

I feel your pain, Arch.

I spent that sunny Friday in the car, driving to Smith--totally missing that sunburn opportunity :tdown:--but I had high hopes for Saturday morning.

Where'd that rain come from?!? :anger:

Figured I'd wait it out: went for a run, waited, went for a hike, waited, played Scrabble, waited....we did manage to get in two quick pitches at the VERY end of the day. Long drive for two pitches. :crazy:

Tried to make up for lost time on Sunday, though. At least the sun was shining for much of it.

But that was about it. This morning looked too dismal to even bother hoping for anything climbable.

As I drove out of town, it started SLEETING.

Those folks who went to Leavenworth sure got the better end of the weather this time around. Lucky ducks.

BTW, if anyone is considering hoteling it for their next Smith trip, check out the Redmond Inn at the other end of town, next to Safeway.

It's comparable in price to the Hub, Village Squire, etc.($43/night)--all rooms include fridge, micro, cable TV, continental breakfast, Sunday paper, and wireless internet--but for the price you get a much nicer room.

Everything's very clean and recently updated. Didn't have that grungy feel that some of those older, well-worn places acquire.

Also, the owners were friendly and very flexible about the reservations, as I had to change my dates a couple times and ended up cancelling the last night without much notice(due to aforementioned rain and sleet.)

if you can flex the muscel without pain id do that. it'll keep the muscle from wateing away. as lond as it doesnt bring pain to the injured area.

im no doc but when i had my arm in a cast past the elbo i still used a speed bag and was ale to keep some of the streagth up. the day i got my cast off, litterly walking home from the doc office i stoped and played tackle football for atleast 2 hrs. and kicked ass btw.

it's still pretty hurty. i have been starting to flex my foot a little bit at a time. i was stuned at how fast the muscles started to lose their strength.

The best thing for you, young lady is to keep that ankle elevated well above your head...both would be twice as good..

if you can flex the muscel without pain id do that. it'll keep the muscle from wateing away. as lond as it doesnt bring pain to the injured area.

im no doc but when i had my arm in a cast past the elbo i still used a speed bag and was ale to keep some of the streagth up. the day i got my cast off, litterly walking home from the doc office i stoped and played tackle football for atleast 2 hrs. and kicked ass btw.

it's still pretty hurty. i have been starting to flex my foot a little bit at a time. i was stuned at how fast the muscles started to lose their strength.

The best thing for you, young lady is to keep that ankle elevated well above your head...both would be twice as good..

:lmao: 8D that would likely improve my mood ;)

friday was :rawk: at smith

saturday we hiked to marsupials, sat in a cave for three hours, rain stopped, climbed delirium tremens, rain started again walked back to the bridge. saw everyone leaving, saw it was clearing up, ran to morning glory, climbed 3 more routes that got drier as you climbed them.

sunday was sunny and hawt. and busy. climbed a couple of routes next to other peoples' epics. it was fun to watch, but scary when the big fat guy on the next route over stood on a block that i have in the past belayed from, and dislodged it!

today it was cold with occasional showers but still fully climbable, cragged till noon then toured the scenic wonders of shaniko, biggs, goldendale, toppenish, thorp, cle elum, issaquah and lynden :rawk:

friday was :rawk: at smith

saturday we hiked to marsupials, sat in a cave for three hours, rain stopped, climbed delirium tremens, rain started again walked back to the bridge. saw everyone leaving, saw it was clearing up, ran to morning glory, climbed 3 more routes that got drier as you climbed them.

sunday was sunny and hawt. and busy. climbed a couple of routes next to other peoples' epics. it was fun to watch, but scary when the big fat guy on the next route over stood on a block that i have in the past belayed from, and dislodged it!

today it was cold with occasional showers but still fully climbable, cragged till noon then toured the scenic wonders of shaniko, biggs, goldendale, toppenish, thorp, cle elum, issaquah and lynden :rawk:

And I was just starting to like you.