• Announcements

• olyclimber

WELCOME TO THE CASCADECLIMBERS.COM FORUMS   02/03/18

We have upgraded to new forum software as of late last year, and it makes everything here so much better!  It is now much easier to do pretty much anything, including write Trip Reports, sell gear, schedule climbing related events, and more. There is a new reputation system that allows for positive contributors to be recognized,  it is possible to tag content with identifiers, drag and drop in images, and it is much easier to embed multimedia content from Youtube, Vimeo, and more.  In all, the site is much more user friendly, bug free, and feature rich!   Whether you're a new user or a grizzled cascadeclimbers.com veteran, we think you'll love the new forums. Enjoy!
Sign in to follow this  
archenemy

[tr] Smith

Friday: Beautiful day. Climbed some stuff. Got Sunburned.

Saturday: Rained. Slipped off Creatins Retreat. Packed up in the mud and skulked home.

embarrassing pics to follow.

A "lower case" tr. Hey, you got out, which is more than a lot can say. My TR would be a lower case one too if I chose to write one.

No worries,

This about sums up what I heard from most people who went to Smith this weekend, although I heard Sunday was nice...

I was tempted to put the crying graemlin in the [], but that was just a wee bit too self-pitying. just a wee.

Ahh rolled in Sat. morning. Started to climb sky ridge for a "first time on the rock for the season warmup", started down pouring came down. Found the only two dry climbs to run laps on for the rest of the afternoon, Wartly's Revenge and Heresy (I think that's the name). That eve it cleared up and wasn't even cold. Sunday climbed hard in the sunshine, received sunburn :)

Admittedly I'm just getting started on trad climbs, but I'd be happy just to get up a 10c far enough to fall off. Bummer about the weather, though.

I aid in the rain back home at Index. It loses some of its luster after a while. What's that? A little tear? Yes, I am whining.

We got out of Index before it started raining on Saturday.

It's spring dammit. No more rain on the weekends. Have some pity on us working stiffs.

My Saturday involved about a dozen of these. It was good.

CIMG3317.JPG

Cool!

Uhhh, what time we eatin tonight Torg?

No rain in Leavenworth all weekend. It was sunny for much of Saturday and Sunday.

My Saturday involved about a dozen of these. It was good.

CIMG3317.JPG

Cool!

Uhhh, what time we eatin tonight Torg?

No kidding! I'll bring the wine. And my fly tying setup so you can tell me what you caught that on and I'll whip up a few right then and there.

That pic makes me ache.

I thought you'd appreciate that one arch. My wife and I took a guided float trip on the yakima. That fish was taken on around a 14 chernobyl ant with a green body. My wife actually had the biggest fish of the day. About as long as the one pictured, but maybe 30% fatter. The one pictured was the prettiest though.

I aid in the rain back home at Index. It loses some of its luster after a while. What's that? A little tear? Yes, I am whining.

HA at least your foot isn't broken :noway: so tired of being broken and watching my calf waste away...

if you can flex the muscel without pain id do that. it'll keep the muscle from wateing away. as lond as it doesnt bring pain to the injured area.

im no doc but when i had my arm in a cast past the elbo i still used a speed bag and was ale to keep some of the streagth up. the day i got my cast off, litterly walking home from the doc office i stoped and played tackle football for atleast 2 hrs. and kicked ass btw.

I know a guy who broke his arm earlier this year. He kept going to the climbing gym, doing one-armed bumps from hold to hold. He is now lopsided.

if you can flex the muscel without pain id do that. it'll keep the muscle from wateing away. as lond as it doesnt bring pain to the injured area.

im no doc but when i had my arm in a cast past the elbo i still used a speed bag and was ale to keep some of the streagth up. the day i got my cast off, litterly walking home from the doc office i stoped and played tackle football for atleast 2 hrs. and kicked ass btw.

it's still pretty hurty. i have been starting to flex my foot a little bit at a time. i was stuned at how fast the muscles started to lose their strength.

yup casts suk my forarm was almost half the size after only 6 weeks

i am just glad i can take the thing off :)

back when a kid, it was a "dare thing" to smell inside somebody else's cast that had been on for weeks/months.

PEEEEYYYEEEWWWWW!

back when a kid, it was a "dare thing" to smell inside somebody else's cast that had been on for weeks/months.

PEEEEYYYEEEWWWWW!

that is so gross :sick: