• Announcements

• olyclimber

WELCOME TO THE CASCADECLIMBERS.COM FORUMS   11/10/22

Help keep cascadeclimbers.com going!  Please consider donating so we can keep this site going.   We have set expenses right now but no revenue.  We do hope to getting a sponsor to help out, but for now we just need funds to upgrade the site and pay for hosting and licensing. See the "DONATE" tab in the top menu.
Sign in to follow this  
kevbone

Best guitar player on the planet.

i once met a :pagetop: in boston basin who had a rather impressive collection of andres segovia vinyls.

I'm not gonna bother reading this ghey thread but somebody had better have mentioned Dimebag.

Dimebag rules....so does Zach, but they both fall to pure talent when is comes to the more unknowns like Paco and John Mclaughlin.

John Mclaughlin an 'unknown'? Hard to imagine, have things gotten that sad in the guitar world?

When I say unknown……I mean not mainstream. When someone says “the best ever” usually people talk about rock guitarist. Satriani, Van Halen, Randy Roads, Jimmy Page, Hendrix……a lot of people who know these famous guitarist, but have never heard of John McLaughlin. There bad in my eyes.

Love, Devotion, Surrender (A personal favorite)

Shakti

Friday Night in San Francisco

Required listening!

Nice montage, ScottP. I've been fortunate to see/hear almost all of 'em...I count myself fortunate to have bought Chuck Berry a beer.

I saw that first photo of Duane with the acoustic and almost immediately heard the strains of "Little Martha", which acoustic guitar virtuoso Leo Kottke, who often covered the song in performance, once called "the most perfect guitar song ever written".

Nice montage, ScottP. I've been fortunate to see/hear almost all of 'em...I count myself fortunate to have bought Chuck Berry a beer.

I saw that first photo of Duane with the acoustic and almost immediately heard the strains of "Little Martha", which acoustic guitar virtuoso Leo Kottke, who often covered the song in performance, once called "the most perfect guitar song ever written".

You bought Chuck Berry a beer? I am green with envy.

That is a great post of truly great inspiring guitarist. They are all awesome. But none of them even compare to Paco. Sorry im stickin with it.