It's Spring... AKA time for Ski-In

snoboy

To each his own, but all but maybe a couple of boarder knuckle-heads would recognize that finesse winds points over brutnesse and speednesse and while good skiing is good skiing, the telemark turn does have a certain elegance to it.

Hey, guy!! I have a shitty tele set up too... I just suck so bad at it, I stuck with something that I know.... The board... I tried, and tried... Tele just did not give me a woody.... If it works for you, coolio, dude.... I won't slam your preferred decent, just don't slam mine, thats all...

And, yeah, speed rules, slow sucks... thats just life... Just let me fly by while you concentrate on turns... Whatever is fun for you...

BTW, there is a certain "elegance" too with carving smooth nice turns on a board.... Snowboards aren't all about flash, clash, and jumpin' shit... I'll leave that for the 13 year olds at the resort...

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's all about the smile on your face, who gives a shit what your riding? My preference is the attitude of the peeps i go riding/skiing with, i don't really care what tools they use.

If your a boarder don't bro bra out, quit spraying.

If you tele quit telling everyone how "pure" and "much harder" it is.

Just enjoy times with friends(or solo)making turns in snow. It's that simple.

Telemarking? now that's some, s-l-o-w, dumb, shit... :fahq:

That's one of the good things about the telemark turn: you don't have to have much speed at all to make a smooth and easy turn. In crappy snow or maybe deep muck, it is sometimes the only thing short of a gorilla turn that will work. And even in great conditions, I can enjoy a nice smooth run down a beautiful mountainside at half the speed of my AT or snowboard buddies.

To each his own, but all but maybe a couple of boarder knuckle-heads would recognize that finesse winds points over brutnesse and speednesse and while good skiing is good skiing, the telemark turn does have a certain elegance to it.

Wow Matt! A fine display of ignorance...

First off I wasn't aware that my choice of winter recreation has anything to do with my intelligence but thanks for enlightening me. :rolleyes: Secondly do you really think a competant snowboarder relys on "brutnesse" over technique, finesse, and elegance? The beauty of snowboarding is combining all those elements, including "speednesse", resulting in a near effortless ride. "Brutenesse" doesn't even play a roll except in the most demanding survival situations, just as it would on tele skis.

Telemarking's best attribute is that it effectively turns a good skier into an intermediate skier. Only the absolute best teleskiers seem to be able to consistantly link turns on steep terrain without making awkward, over exagerated turns that display any sort of "elegance". Maybe it feels elegant, but to the onlooker, it's more akin to a square box tumbling down a hill versus a rolling sphere.

But hey, I guess intermediate "hippy pow" can be, um, fun.

:fahq:

More importantly.

SR 20 - North Cascades Highway - 2007 Spring Opening

Wednesday, April 18

We have made such good progress in the last week that we now plan to open the pass the first week in May. We are ahead of schedule. We have a single lane cut through the snow across the entire pass.

I bet we could pick a date for the Ski In

With this updated knowledge of the proposed hwy 20 opening, I will now try to figure out the weekend that works best for me and the property owner. Please stand by...

BTW, my boarder comment was a total troll. Anyone who really knows me knows that I don't give a rip how you get up or down a snow slope. All are welcome. I'd love to get some guys on split boards to join us.

With this updated knowledge of the proposed hwy 20 opening, I will now try to figure out the weekend that works best for me and the property owner. Please stand by...

BTW, my boarder comment was a total troll. Anyone who really knows me knows that I don't give a rip how you get up or down a snow slope. All are welcome. I'd love to get some guys on split boards to join us.

Did someone say splitboarder? You got one right here!!! Just need the time/date, location, and where everyones meeting.

The weekend of the 11-13 does not work. The owners have a thing going on the following weekend and I'm not sure we can all converge. I'm checking. It would help to have a general headcount. Memorial day weekend might work best...there is still plenty of snow, that's for sure....

Feedback????