It's Spring... AKA time for Ski-In

snoboy

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Snowing in Bend this am for a bit... looks like corn is on hold for now down here (no complaints from me)

I was up on Mt. B today. Snowed all day long! Windy though. White out at times. Hope tomorrow's better.

what route or part of the mountain were you on? what is the road access like, snowline, etc?

I was at the Resort with my family. Not really freshiezone though the powder was nice so I can't really answer your questions if you're wanting bc info. Sorry.

As for the resort, no road problems getting there or down at all. They were really getting dumped on in the afternoon when we left. Some spots off the Outback chair were wind blown powder and ice which made it interesting coupled with 30+ mph winds. Summit and NW were closed. I heard the wind at the summit gusted to 60 at one point, but you couldn't even see the lift the conditions were so bad. After lunchtime over on the Skyline chair, all the tracks kept getting covered, but after the conditions made it impossible to see it was time to call it a day.

As for ski-in. It might be fun to have a true ski-in some year, like skin in to an uber spot and just ski.

You should try coming to the WAPass one before you start dissing it! ;)

Yeah, that would be cool. we could play with snowmobiles too, to haul in food beer whatever...

When you have to pick between OR, WA, and BC. Washington is in the middle, and Washington Pass kicks ass.

I've never skied in Oregon other than Bachy. I'm sure there's some cool stuff there. I have done a bunch of skiing in BC and it does rule. I think if somebody is bound and determined to change the location you better start the loby early and have a good plan for your ideal spot.

It's my party and I'll ski if I want to! I'm into tradition and 20 years from now I still plan on having this party... albeit I don't even own the property. But someday it will be passed down to the owner's son whom I'm quite sure will be into it also. Ok, getting way ahead of 2007. If someone wants to organize a ski into a cabin party, go for it. I'm into inclusion not exclusion so the more the merrier! Bring skis, bring climbing gear, bring bikes, just don't bring your @%#*($# snowboard!

Mazama soon after the pass opens. Please stand by.....

It's my party and I'll ski if I want to! I'm into tradition and 20 years from now I still plan on having this party... albeit I don't even own the property. But someday it will be passed down to the owner's son whom I'm quite sure will be into it also. Ok, getting way ahead of 2007. If someone wants to organize a ski into a cabin party, go for it. I'm into inclusion not exclusion so the more the merrier! Bring skis, bring climbing gear, bring bikes, just don't bring your @%#*($# snowboard!

Not knowing this, One year I was beaten over the head repeatedly with my snowboard by these tele ruffians. :ooo:

Telemarking? now that's some, s-l-o-w, dumb, shit... :fahq:

That's one of the good things about the telemark turn: you don't have to have much speed at all to make a smooth and easy turn. In crappy snow or maybe deep muck, it is sometimes the only thing short of a gorilla turn that will work. And even in great conditions, I can enjoy a nice smooth run down a beautiful mountainside at half the speed of my AT or snowboard buddies.

To each his own, but all but maybe a couple of boarder knuckle-heads would recognize that finesse winds points over brutnesse and speednesse and while good skiing is good skiing, the telemark turn does have a certain elegance to it.

You can bring your slowboard even though they're dumb. Hopefully we'll get some fucking sun one of these days. Shit.

Geez... OK, I guess that was my fraile attempt at making some freinds, but I get shot down regardless...

I suppose I just need to keep being a hermit/anti-social and keep doin' shit solo as per usual....

If you see a solo splitter ignoring you, It's probably me....

Enjoying my "slow" "stupid" "dumb" way down the hill....

(and from a distance, in split mode, I look just like the rest of you lamo-retardo skiers skinnin' my way up....)