whats wrong with the world?

matthew scholes

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Scholes and Kelley, that's about 6 alpinists that posts any little goddamn thing they do on the internet. There are dozens that don't feel the need to toot their own horn about every fucking icicle and rock that they do like you do. I personally know and have climbed with more than ten damn good alpinists that call the Anchorage area home. You know what's funny? Most of them have heard of John Kelley, and most of them have said they'd never climb with such a self-righteous asshole. If you feel the need to rely on the internet to find true "alpine climbers" and feel disappointed, howsabout you fuck the hell off, move back to wherever the hell you came from. The climbing would likely be easier down there anyways.

You're not nearly as badass as you keep fucking claiming to be. You just try to sound that way. Really pathetic.

Edited by Chugachdude

Scholes and Kelley, that's about 6 alpinists that posts any little goddamn thing they do on the internet. There are dozens that don't feel the need to toot their own horn about every fucking icicle and rock that they do like you do. I personally know and have climbed with more than ten damn good alpinists that call the Anchorage area home. You know what's funny? Most of them have heard of John Kelley, and most of them have said they'd never climb with such a self-righteous asshole. If you feel the need to rely on the internet to find true "alpine climbers" and feel disappointed, howsabout you fuck the hell off, move back to wherever the hell you came from. The climbing would likely be easier down there anyways.

You're not nearly as badass as you keep fucking claiming to be. You just try to sound that way. Really pathetic.

Damn, take a cleansing breath or 2 and get yourself outside dude.

Damn, take a cleansing breath or 2 and get yourself outside dude.

Think outside the bun.

I think you guys need to get out more and try and make some friends. I'm sure there are a bunch of folks you could be climbing with if you made the effort. At least putting in the effort sounds a hell of a lot more fun then crying about your lack of partners on the internet. Even worse is crying in the hopes that somebody will fly up to Alaska just to climb with somebody they've never met.

I don't really have too much of a problem finding partners, it'd be nice to have more though. That's why I've posted here looking for more. Is that wrong?

I'm pretty sure I know most of the better climbers in the area and none of them seem to have any problem climbing with me.

As for the chugachdude... he's got the classic Alaska climber mentality. Fuck off and go back where you came from, classic Alaskan wanker.

first i never said i was bad ass,im pretty sure my in first post said i have no talent.

i dont post anything i do on the net or anywhere thats why you have never heard of me,you dont know what i have or have not done.and i does not matter

i dont see why you need to rip the shit out of john kelly,i dont really know him but at least he was willing to meet up with me and give me a go,he seemed nice.all i have got from people on this fourm is tons of shit off people who dont know me.

and i have been out climbing with people,i went to nabesna this last weekend and we had a great time.i was just wishful in thinking there might be people with more spare time to go to the range.

i dont see why you need to rip the shit out of john kelly,i dont really know him but at least he was willing to meet up with me and give me a go,he seemed nice.

Dude, really, too much information.

I know Alaska winters are long, lonely and dark, but keep it to yourself.

8D

first i never said i was bad ass,im pretty sure my in first post said i have no talent.

i dont post anything i do on the net or anywhere thats why you have never heard of me,you dont know what i have or have not done.and i does not matter

i dont see why you need to rip the shit out of john kelly,i dont really know him but at least he was willing to meet up with me and give me a go,he seemed nice.all i have got from people on this fourm is tons of shit off people who dont know me.

and i have been out climbing with people,i went to nabesna this last weekend and we had a great time.i was just wishful in thinking there might be people with more spare time to go to the range.

Was all that info for me?

Wow, I got a little catching up to do on this thread. I'm a slacker.

...the classic Alaska climber mentality. Fuck off and go back where you came from, classic Alaskan wanker.

Hopefully, it's tongue-in-cheek as disrimination based on where a person is born is as silly as that based on sex, race, nationality, or any other circumstantial attribute of birth.

...the classic Alaska climber mentality. Fuck off and go back where you came from, classic Alaskan wanker.

Hopefully, it's tongue-in-cheek as disrimination based on where a person is born is as silly as that based on sex, race, nationality, or any other circumstantial attribute of birth.

That's my point, it runs rampant here. When I first came up here that's pretty much what I was told and I'm still being told that.

A guy travels half way around the world to climb here and shoots me a message looking for a climbing partner. So I respond to his message but our time frames didn't mesh so we didn't go. I wonder how many of the nice, politically correct, cool climbers in the area responded to his ad?

Mathew, here's why we all suck.

Most of us who ice climb get like 1 trip a year and wind up leading WI5 after we've warmed up. Then we wait 11 months to go again and wind up where we started. Happens to me every fucking year.

Then there are those who just are comfortable leading harder than 2s, 3s, or 4s. It's not because they physically can't.

It's funny. There are a few climbers who just don't have "the fear" when doing shit like ice-leading or run-out alpine. Like their internal survival desire isn't as strong as the regular population. You're obviously one of them, and it's hard to understand why others don't think like you do.

If I wasn't afraid of falling b/c of the random chance of the ice failing under my picks or getting too pumped while placing a suspect screw, I'm sure I'd be leading WI7 after only a few days on the ice.

hello all,

im new to this fourm,im from australia and im 21.

im in anchorage alaska and i cant beleive how few alpinist there are here.

everyone has it all at there fingertips(rock,ice,mts) and there not taking advantage of it.why can a 21year old from australia lead wi5 ice on the first week of his first waterfall ice trip.i have no talent,but it seems there are not alot of people who can do it?

why do young people look at guys like colin haley and go ooh hes the next steve house?

why dont they think,what the hell am i doing i should be the next steve house?

i guess im just angry because i cant find a alpine climbing partner for this part of my trip.i just dont understand.

If I can add to Laytons post and maybe help you understand at least my point of view. To me, you sound like the kind of person who winds up in a body bag. I wouldn't climb with ya. PERIOD end of conversation for me.

If you were around and we could get out and ease into it, things might change. I'm not just saying this cause a dumbassed Aussie almost killed my other climbing partner 20 years ago although that does remain in my mind.

But that's me.

Hope that helps you out in the explanation dept or maybe clear up some issues you MIGHT be having with Alaskans. Good luck mate.

Please PM me your climbing resume, with references,

to confirm your Vitriolic Alaskan Badass status.

skull