Pole Creek update

jlag

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would rather do the short slog to middle than the slog to broken top. Did it once to broken top and that sucks much ass!!!! Unless you are doing High noon direct BT is not worth the slog in the winter. Now if you have sleds that is a different story. Even with the half mile extra middle would be better. Look it up on summit post.

Probably got a good amount of snow back on the trail with the stroms this week. we ended up doing broken top after all on sunday. It was quite the SLOG from the bachelor parking lot. I couldn't convince my friend to check out middle sister.

Not much skiing on broken top for the distance we covered. Snow Machine is key back there. Next time I head out there it'll be on middle or north sister. Anyone ski the NE slope of North Sister (Thayer Glacier I think)? Looks like a pretty rad line

So..............

How did it go? Did you make it into middle? Any photos - or current beta on road access? Any knowledge of access thru 3 creek? Looking out to next weekend and tring to figure what direction to head - would appreciate feedback.

thank you

I was up at Middle last Sunday and Monday on foot with my dog. Sunday started out pretty nice and then the storm came. Monday was a complete white out and was back to the road by noon. As far as the road goes. If you have a 4runner or something comparable, you would have been able to park at the trailhead. Anything with less clearence you would have needed to park at the 10 mile mark. TH is 10.5miles. It was snowing at the TH, but nothing too bad. Basically, it was no problem getting into Middle/North Sisters. Don't know anything about 3 creek.

HTH

Dave