Patagonia Finn approach shoe.

layton

79458_869.fpx?wid=483&ftr=8&effect=dropshadow,0x000000,10,5,120,5&cvt=jpeg

On my never ending quest to find the best approach shoe, I came across Patagonia's new line of shoes. I got the fin.

Pros:

Iron Clad Warranty-I've pretty much destroyed every approach shoe I've ever worn after one season. Hopefully patagonia's excellent construction reputation will outlast their best warranty of any outdoor company. I expect to get at least 5 years out of these if I have to exchange them for a new pair after I've abused them.

Light: less that 2 pounds

Eco-friendlier: made of recycled material.

Cons: fucking expensive. I had a gift certificate. But the warranty and expected lifetime should offset the price, as all of their clothing usually does.

Not waterproof-I think this is a pro. Every shoe is gonna get soaked, might as well have it dry quick.

Narrow in the forefoot-when will shoe manufactures realize that the widest part of the human foot is the toebox? Come on! It will help with technical scrambling and climbing though. Still, I'd rather have a nice wide toebox.

So if you can afford it, i think these shoes are a good investment since they are really well made, feel comfy, climb fine, are light, and have a kick ass warranty.

I returned a 10 year old jacket to them...at THEIR REQUEST. Seriously, I walked in wearing an old jacket of theirs, and they told me to return it! I got a brand new jacket, and since prices went down since I bought it, I got a free raincoat out of the deal...plus a $50 gift certificate I applied towards these shoes. Can't beat that!

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Hopefully patagonia's excellent construction reputation will outlast their best warranty of any outdoor company. I expect to get at least 5 years out of these if I have to exchange them for a new pair after I've abused them.

Patagonia contracted out to Merrell to manufacture their shoes.

Patagonia makes great gear...not so sure about Merrell.