Shooting at UW

ryland_moore

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Firefighters found the victims while responding to reports of gunfire

Since when do firefighters respond to gun fire? WTF?

The medic system in Seattle is based out of the fire department; all 911 calls generate a response from the FD.

My bad.

Friggen educated peoples.

That's right. I am not in Information Technology. I am in Computer Science. Now where's the IT guy to tell me why my computer crashes when I open Windows Media Player?

He's sitting on the golf course emailing his computer scientists in India making $3.50/hour.

I misspoke in my earlier post a bit. I meant to say that 911 calls involving injuries/illness issues generate a fire department response because the medic system is based out of the FD. Other 911 calls do not generate an FD response.

As a rule, the medics do not go into an area until the scene is secure. If there is concern about the possibility a shooter on scene, they will remain in their rig until the police have arrived and secure the area. The medics and firemen are not armed. They may call for that assistance but usually the dispatcher will have already sent a police response based on the information provided in the initial 911 call.