Bouldering Accident at Stone Gardens

catbirdseat

counterfeit fake, i am too embarrassed to share that story. suffice it to say, it was dumb and did not involve climbing or anything cool at all.

i broke my big toe opening the freezer...a frozen frier chicken that i hastily crammed into the fridge decided to obey newton's laws and jumped out of the freezer onto my big toe...completey busted it...

man, i have never dropped that many f-bombs at once in my life!

if someone had witnessed that they wouldn't have called an ambulance but rather the white van from the looney farm to come and get me...i was seriously going off...threw the damn thing across the room!!!

Edited by RuMR

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok-i came home from work late, went to let the dogs out and the coffee table was not where i had left it. hit the leg of the coffe table with my foot. at least rumr had something fall on his. mine was completely my own doing. couldn't believe that i broke more than a toe!!!

Most gym owners instruct their employees to call 911 if the injured climber can't make it out of the gym under their own power.

We have had climbers with hurt ankles who've had their friend/partner carry tem out and drive them to the ER.

maybe this woman was alone at the gym.

suxor :(

I've kicked random shit a couple of times, usually while wearing flipflops, but never broken toes or foot... I did have one of my toenails grow out scab-coloured for six months though, with dried blood under the nail

I hope you pried that goop out from under your toenail with a nut pick or somethin'...

...that stuff is great on a cracker.

What ever happened to "Self-Rescue"?

Didn't you call out SAR when a friend missed tea time?

I didn't call out SAR, I reported them overdue, with a storm coming in the next day, not that I need to defend my actions, dumbass. They did get free hamburgers out of the deal, though, and they did self-rescue.

I didn't call out SAR, I reported them overdue, with a storm coming in the next day, not that I need to defend my actions, dumbass.

You're sounding pretty defensive there, junior.

Dean: "Nasty fall there, whuh happen?"

Me: "Pulled a loose block off at the top, it slammed down and broke my foot, I'm heading to the hospital".

Dean "That sucks (giving some empathy and sympathy all at once), gimme a belay before ya go dude".

Me: "Uhhh (at a loss) OK".

Later, as I'm walking/hobbling out alone (trying to walk out) with my backpack and rope on my back, I'm thinking WTF?

I didn't call out SAR, I reported them overdue, with a storm coming in the next day, not that I need to defend my actions, dumbass.

You're sounding pretty defensive there, junior.

Not defensive, just setting the record straight, old man.

I've kicked random shit a couple of times, usually while wearing flipflops, but never broken toes or foot... I did have one of my toenails grow out scab-coloured for six months though, with dried blood under the nail

I hope you pried that goop out from under your toenail with a nut pick or somethin'...

...that stuff is great on a cracker.

if i could figure out why the hell i can't upload shit to the photo gallery i'd show ya'll a prize-winner i got going currently - sorta like trench foot but more here-and-now for me... :puke:

This is the last thread that I would have predicted to take off like this. You folks really need to take Friday off from work and go climbing. The weather is going to be great!

Tell your boss right now how you are feeling alternate chills and fever spells, as you sneeze in his face.

Edited by catbirdseat

Sac-up ya pussy, just take the sharp pointy awl from yer Swiss Army knife and scrape the holy-bejejusus out from under there, then get a pair of pliers and hank the edges out till it bleeds and you've ripped off the toenail on the outside part so that gives you a week or 2 where the ingrown part doesn't hurt and yer good to go. :lmao:

Least thats what I've been doing. :cry:

Shouldn't this be in the Pirate forum though?