Attn booty-er of quickdraws at Larabee boat launch

Carp

To the person who took my BD green quickdraws, please be aware that I (240 lbs) took a 50 footer onto the top one. Use wisely.

If I hadn't been hurt in the fall I wouldn't have left them. If you want the other 3 I took with me, I'll give you a good price.

This would have been a month or so ago.

-Carp

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

a fifty footer on a slab like larabee probably didn't put too much stress on the draw or bolt. rock to skin friction took a good chunk of the forces. Otherwise the bolt in the shitty sandstone would have blown.

I knew a guy who fell from near the middle of the cliff while soloing and landed in the low water at high tide. He walked away thanks to the high friction coefficient.

• 2 weeks later...
I knew a guy who fell from near the middle of the cliff while soloing and landed in the low water at high tide. He walked away thanks to the high friction coefficient.

Funny (yeah, ha ha...) I knew a guy who did similar. He was up there as a kid with his parents, "exploring" and traversed in from the left... got stuck, scared... two broken arms. He said he met his junior high sweetie in the hospital, thuough.

I did that climb last monday (4/9) and it was not there then. However, I wish it had been!

That's a fun route.

I think there are only 4 bolts on the whole route, aren't there? How did you take a 50' fall onto the top one, if the top one is less than 25' from the end of the route?

You should tell your story, in all it's slab-sliding cheese-grater details.

Edited by Blake