Vantage Guidebook

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I last spoke to Jim Yoder about a year and half ago. At that time he just finished the Tieton Guide and as a little burned out. I asked when the next Vantage Guide would be out and he said sometime in 2007, but you know how it goes.

There aren't a huge number of new routes to document, but probably enough to warrant a new edition, rather than a reprint.

Speaking of Jim Yoder. I attended a slide show put on by him about climbing in WA. This was 2 years ago. I met him there. Nice guy. Exactly 11 days later I was climbing in Arizona at Jacks canyon and Jim Yoder walked up and climbed right next to us. It’s a small world out there.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
I was down at Smith a month or so ago and Jim Yoder came up and introduced himself. I asked about the new guide and he said it is at the printers but has several jobs ahead of it so it might be a while but it is on the way.
When I saw Yoder in July, he said it would be out in September. Now that fall is here I hope it comes out soon.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

sickie GUIDE BOOK UPDATE--

The third edition of Frenchman Coulee will be delivered to our printing company next week (week of April 14th) and it will be camera ready as they say. It will then take the printing company about three weeks to print and bind. So that puts it in the stores in one month - say May 5th or May 12th, assuming stores have contacted us and placed their order.

You might want to inquire at your favorite climbing store so they will place their order sooner verses later....

MF & JY

• 1 month later...