A question for you men

archenemy

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If you pull the photos, scores of men ranging from bearded, hemp-clad, marginally employed dudes living out of the backs of their Subarus, to intense, introverted and awkward techies languishing in their cubicles between trips to the North Cascades will figure that all hope is lost and hang their heads in despair.

All joking aside, I think the *last* reason any woman posted her pic or sanctioned it posted to the "hot climbing chics" thread was to "bring hope" to some cardre of socially inept guys who can't otherwise get a date.

You couldn't be more correct, of course, but it was an unintended consequence that I thought that they should be made aware of before doing anything that might heap yet another misfortune on this vulnerable and oft-neglected population. Think of what would happened if the editors of Climbing had come out and revealed that the photo of whatshername was a hoax. Much wailing around the firepits at J-Tree and elsewhere had any such thing come to pass...

posting the pictures showed confidence....

starting this thread showed insecurity...

so i guess you break even.

if you get crap from people for whatever reason, especially for looks - just give the z-snap, an 'eff you' and an 'i look gooo-oood'.

:tup:

Hahaha.

The "Z-Snap!"

Oft-seen, never so aptly described until now. You should trademark that one.

Edited by JayB

I thought it was great fun!

I fully expected to get slagged for posting my pics. Thank Heaven Muffyn came to my rescue ;)

And I hope to hang out with more of you, more often. It helps to see folks and put a human touch to this cyberboard. I've met some great people here and gone out and done a great many things. If it wasn't for this board, I would be pretty isolated from the climbing community. I live on an Island for christsake!

:brew:

To you all

So when a woman posts a pic of herself (especially on the famous Hot Climbing Chics threa) mean she is shallow? If so, would this also be true when a guy posts a pic of himself?

Just curious...

Girls who post pictures of themselves are just trolling for love. Guys who post pictures of girls in absentia are obviously stalkers. Guys who post pictures of themselves are shallow.

I don't know what girls who post pics of guys are, though...? :confused:

What about guys who post pics of other guys?!

34img_0852-med.jpg

Party_Bill.jpg

PIC00026.JPG

PIC00009.JPG

To the girls who posted :tup: It's always nice to put smiles and faces with avatars!

To the guys who posted :noway: some of that I really didn't need to see first thing in the morning, but it sounds like Arch and Muffy appreciated it :P

Archie the only one who knows why you or anyone else posted your picture is you. The opinions of the 99% of the people on hear who don't know anything about you except your projected persona mean squat.

To the wankers, I'd say don't be an assclown, but that would imply that you care about the repurcussions of your actions and are capable of change :tdown:

And we wonder why women in this country have body image issues :rolleyes:

I don't think just posting your photo makes you seem shallow. I think it might make you seem like you want attention. But I think almost everyone is a little bit attention whore. People like to be told they look good, and people want to look at others who look good. It's like a little symbiotic ecosystem we've got going here.

What pisses me off is that I have posted here for *years* without ever posting a pic of myself. Then I see a thread where a bunch of the ladies here are having fun and supporting each other. And the fallout, of course, is getting shit from the guys on this site. I have never regretted a single post I have put up until this one. I honestly regret posting my pics and getting shit for it. I made a big mistake.

whos ass would you like me to kick because that is just bull shit. I haven't seen you in ages and it was awsome to see your face again hunny.