[TR] Snoqualmie Mountain - Pineapple Express 3/26/

marcus

Trip: Snoqualmie Mountain - Pineapple Express

Date: 3/26/2007

Trip Report:

Following icy rumours and plummeting temps on Monday, Bill Amos and I climbed Pineapple Express on Snoqualmie Mtn's NW face. I believe this to be the 2nd ascent of the route and it is definitely a great line worthy of attention. Kudos to Roger & Dan for linking up the features and figuring it out.

Thoughtful mixed climbing on well frozen rock/turf/scrub/ice 3p up buttress before doglegging out right 2p to find mega-ramp towards NYG. Cruxes at P3&5. I think I always get lost at the NYG topout: twice now i've led this steep awkward corner above loose blocks(w/2 fixed pins and a stopper) but i keep hearing about cruiser 5.7 to the shoulder. Am I nuts or just stupid? Anyhow, sweet line - go get it.

P3:pineapple_022_edit.jpg

...megaramp...pineapple_027_edit.jpg

...top of NYGpineapple_028_edit.jpg

Gear Notes:

.1-#3 camalots, KB, baby angle, egg mcmuffins, Reactors(2), 70m cord, Bill's sexy gators...and my lucky charm!

Approach Notes:

Phantom Slide, no floats, 2hrs to base.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Strong work guys :rawk: Roj will be stoked his route is getting some traffic... looks like the new snoqual test piece... at least until Sky and Ross ski it :laf:

Didn't seem like it was quite m6.

Must be all that snowshoe drytool bouldering you have been doing :P That or you aided it :grlaf:;)

snowshoedrytoolbouldering.JPG