Best Mechanic for climber's trucks in Seattle?

blue

I am looking for the best mechanic around Seattle for my old Toyota landcruiser, pref. North Seattle (Ballard). Any suggestions? A lot of us have old crusty trucks that need lots of attention, so anyone have a really good mechanic they want to share?

-Cheers

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You could take your truck to Lee Wilcox at Lynnwood Auto and Truck. Good service and a fair price and he's a skier and climber.

Lynnwood Auto & Truck Service

6131 212th St SW

Lynnwood, WA 98036

(425) 776-5888

http://www.yellowpages.com/sp/moreinfo/index.jsp?listingId=78605166&id=78605166&from=qpibp&qcat=Automobile+Repairing+%26+Service&qs=WA&qc=Lynnwood&qcid=204261634

For years I've taken all my large work trucks to

Fleury's Tire

5244 Leary Way NW

782-5141

Trust me they do way more than just tires. I've taken a number of big work trucks there, and the company I used to work for used to take trucks that were even bigger there. Not that you need a CDL to drive a landcruiser.

• 4 months later...

Thread resurrection with a new twist -- vw van instead of truck.

I have a VW Van that needs some love. These things are notorious for being difficult to diagnose, and expensive to fix.

Has anyone had any good experiences with VW mechanics in the area, or are they all equally disheartening?

Thanks very much for any help with this.

BTW, I know that the best mechanic is the one having the most fun...

Thread resurrection with a new twist -- vw van instead of truck.

I have a VW Van that needs some love. These things are notorious for being difficult to diagnose, and expensive to fix.

Has anyone had any good experiences with VW mechanics in the area, or are they all equally disheartening?

Thanks very much for any help with this.

BTW, I know that the best mechanic is the one having the most fun...

If you're in the seattle area check out Fine Tuning.

Matt's Greenwood Auto Care is great. They specialize in foreign cars and just did some great work on my old Toyota pickup. Sadly, they are not cheap, but no good mechanic is. Very informative and willing to break down costs, send out parts to be rebuilt (quickly!) if it is the cheapest option, and best of all, they will give you a free loaner car while your truck is in the shop.