Toproping: The Disease of Climbing?

EWolfe

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Second that Fenderfour. When some one puts something up I can't lead I still top rope it. I don't think top rope is the only thing. People taking thier sweet time getting on and off climbs is more of an issue. Talk when you are not at the base of the climb. Not when you are gearing up or getting ready to second it. I hate having to be a dick and have to drop big hints that I am wanting to get on the route.

People taking thier sweet time getting on and off climbs is more of an issue.

No kidding. Two true stories:

1) I was waiting to get on a climb that was being top roped. The climbers knew I was waiting to get on the climb but proceeded to take a lunch break between climbers. :mad:

2) Patiently waiting to get on a climb being top roped. Again, the climbers knew I was waiting. After they both finish, I was informed that they would be making "2nd tries". :anger:

But, there are thoughtless assholes in any field of endeavour, not just top roping.

I agree with CBS that top-roping can be a valuable tool to excelerate learning in a lower risk environment (compared to on lead). Top roping has its place.

Bsatch, I think that I saw this movie.

Didn't the dudes also have dogs? The bitch ate your lunch and the stud pissed on your pack and had his way with your girlfriend?

Saw it. Pretty sure. I think That the dude who played in the Matrix starred in it. Keono Reeves. Yeah.

Next time just politely walk over - grab their ropes and say "you mind"?

Then jump on their rope.