Stealing fixed draws

manimal

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so kevin...what would you do if you were manimal and came around the corner and someone was taking your stuff?

What kind of question is that? More speculation.....

Personally I think its lame for someone to do that, but on the other hand it’s also lame to leave your shit behind out of laziness. Breaking into someone’s locked car is premeditated. Taking quickdraws off a climb is also most likely premeditated but with a different set of rules. Either way its lame……did you hear me Rudy…ITS LAME.

The whole point of this thread was not spray but to retrive stolen gear.

Its not stolen if you leave it behind.

Just the kind of shit im talkin bout. people leave draws on routes, its commonplace, but im sure bonehead will steal them all. if its not yours its stealin. Yes we leave draws in puplic places but its proper climbing etiquette to leave that stuff alone. If your takin it your not a climber your a thief. If I see draws bein takin I am confrontin the theif and well see what happens then. Wow, cannot beleive that so called climbers have such a differing tude about this. Maybe I should pen a climbing etiquette book. Probably do you all more good than another guide book.

so kevin...what would you do if you were manimal and came around the corner and someone was taking your stuff?

What kind of question is that? More speculation.....

Personally I think its lame for someone to do that, but on the other hand its also lame to leave your shit behind out of laziness. Breaking into someones locked car is premeditated. Taking quickdraws off a climb is also most likely premeditated but with a different set of rules. Either way its lamedid you hear me RudyITS LAME.

No Kevin...its the same as parking in a PUBLIC car lot with yuor car and expecting it to not be fucked with until you can get back to it and leave (take it with you...trying to spell it out real clear like...)

So I help developed a crag in WA and this guy hung draws on this climb that he was apparently working. These draws stayed up there for over 1 year. Eventually we climb up there and pulled them and left them at the base of the wall. There they stayed for about 6 months (it’s a secret crag that only maybe 20 people know about. So I was not worried about a third party taking them). Eventually we took them home. Is that stealing or helping the crag by cleaning it up?

So I help developed a crag in WA and this guy hung draws on this climb that he was apparently working. These draws stayed up there for over 1 year. Eventually we climb up there and pulled them and left them at the base of the wall. There they stayed for about 6 months (its a secret crag that only maybe 20 people know about. So I was not worried about a third party taking them). Eventually we took them home. Is that stealing or helping the crag by cleaning it up?

talk about apples and oranges...

So I help developed a crag in WA and this guy hung draws on this climb that he was apparently working. These draws stayed up there for over 1 year. Eventually we climb up there and pulled them and left them at the base of the wall. There they stayed for about 6 months (its a secret crag that only maybe 20 people know about. So I was not worried about a third party taking them). Eventually we took them home. Is that stealing or helping the crag by cleaning it up?

Rudy, wrong metaphor. Quantitative difference not qualitative. More like tangerines and grapefruit. :nurd:

Rudy....just so we get this really clear. I would never take someone else’s gear, especially in a popular area like vantage. I think its lame there are those out there who would. BUT I have NO sympathy for this person who by his own choice LEFT HIS CLIMBING GEAR AT THE CRAG. It’s a shame that there are ass holes out there that would take his gear.

just the point that you wouldn't take the gear means that you innately recognize that its stealing...call it what you will, but i'd give the guy a ration of shit if i caught him doing it...

When you say "ration", do you mean not an entire plate of shit?

Someone stole my draws off king of the ruins in vantage sometime in the past week. They were obviously project draws, not gear left behind when someone bailed. If the person responsible would put them back up, or at least set them at the base, that would be appreciated. Either that or any information on who took 'em. I'm just pissed that someone would jack my stuff, totally a bogus move. They were up for less than ten days, tops.

Sorry to hear about that. Hope you will get your stuff back. It’s probably not likely.

Lots of consulation going on here, but consider this:

How about some "leave little trace" ethic?

How about picking up your mess before you leave?

It's like leaving your tent in your favorite free camp spot all week so it will be there for you next weekend.

It's ugly and selfish.

I'd be tempted to take the quick draws down and post a message where they could be retrieved or just throw them in the garbage as abandoned litter.

You probably rappeled down to place them in the first place; how about rappeling down to remove them after your big day at Vantage? The guys who took them were obviously capable of doing it!

You're working hard to climb the route; work a little harder to keep the place a little nicer. "Ya, dude, but...it's my "project"!"...you can think that, but it's not your rock.

By the way, I didn't take your quick-draws...I have an allergy to most sport-climbing venues. I hope you get them back but I also hope you don't leave them hanging anymore.

Main%20Mr%20T.jpg

]

first of all, you have no right to take anybodys draws, and leave a note where they can come get them?? are they yours? no. so dont touch them,

secondly its not selfish look at all hard routes.

third if you have a problem with fixing draws, you better get you ass to smith because you have a lot of work to do takeing them down, that would be alot of rapelling, since im guessing you cant climb that hard.

finaly, dont touch my draws at little si