starting my rack

kevino

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

first quit track. then buy 1 set nuts. .5 .75 1 2 3 camalot, 6reg runners, 2 double runners. a small crow bar and a nut tool so you can take other peoples stuck gear. then quit your job.

and kat il trade you your hexes for a book or yours i have.

. . . and then monitor this website for injuries so you can "clean up"

And take only 12 credits, make it so you take all classes and labs lumped into 2 or 3 days a week. Then hang out with Suckbm, and wear your josh derned seatbelt!

Suckbm,

Do you have my leavenworth u stole from Duane or brown book you stole from Painter? Well, okay, sounds like a deal to me. Ryan gave them to me, they were Terry's before that and someone else's before that.

Great advice in these last couple posts.

Kevino,

You can have all my hexes if you want, I don't use 'em and they just take up space.

You should also get a part time job at an outdoor store so you can buy all the stuff pro deal.

-Kat

How is track? Boy, you sure were lookin' good the other day.

;)

I'll take your hexes. I love free stuff. Plus Sean's quickdraw. Track is great - first race this weekend.

Edited by kevino

racks are spendy and it is important to climb a shit ton on other peoples gear before you buy your own. I have been climbing for 8 years and this is still my preference. however if you have to have your own bright and shiny gear contemplate what it is you like to climb and then by for that kind of climbing. for instance i like big fat cracks and hate little tiny ones. so if i were to buy a bunch of gear i would get a set of stoppers and cams to 4 inches. consider doubles of some of the mid sized pieces but usually with a set of stoppers and gear to 3 inches you are in pretty good shape. you will also want to take into consideration where you like to climb... i love the Tufft and basalt collums so i know what works best there. baslat is slick enough that it is more challenging to get a hex stuck unless you fall on it. but i hate to fall. and i hate to lead more :blush: