G12's or Sabretooth

Kane

I ended up getting Crocodile Gaiters.

The crampons and boots came in, and I got some questions. I am the kinda person that can't leave something alone if it can be bettered. The anti-botts don't seem to fit as good as they could. Is this normal? The bar with holes bumps into them. I think if I can shave a bit of the botts, then they would seat alot better. IT actually looks like they are supposed to seat like I want them too...If you have Sabertooths let me know if this is a problem. I am including a picture.... HorseShoeCanyonRanch-Christmas125.jpg

Edited by Kane

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On another note these seem to fit the boots perfectly. Is there anything I should be aware of? Can I have put them on too tight? Also, I found two ways to get them to fit and stay on well. One is how they are pictured, and another is with the front bar, moved to the very front hole closest too the points. Any reason using the hole closest to the poins would be better? On the harness what should I do with all the extra slack? Thanks

HorseShoeCanyonRanch-Christmas126.jpg

HorseShoeCanyonRanch-Christmas127.jpg

HorseShoeCanyonRanch-Christmas128.jpg

Edited by Kane

• 2 weeks later...

Looks good - the secondary points line up with the tip of the boot, giving you support on steeper terrain.

On my grivels I just tie a knot in the excess around one of the strap ends (coming out from the metal ring in front) to get it out of the way, then maybe thread it back through the ring.

If these are your largest boots then you could alternatively just trim the strap (use a match to melt the end & keep it from fraying).