• Announcements

• olyclimber

WELCOME TO THE CASCADECLIMBERS.COM FORUMS   02/03/18

We have upgraded to new forum software as of late last year, and it makes everything here so much better!  It is now much easier to do pretty much anything, including write Trip Reports, sell gear, schedule climbing related events, and more. There is a new reputation system that allows for positive contributors to be recognized,  it is possible to tag content with identifiers, drag and drop in images, and it is much easier to embed multimedia content from Youtube, Vimeo, and more.  In all, the site is much more user friendly, bug free, and feature rich!   Whether you're a new user or a grizzled cascadeclimbers.com veteran, we think you'll love the new forums. Enjoy!
Sign in to follow this  
Weekend_Climberz

Garden Hoses at Stone Gardens

[rant]I've been doing some TR'n at Stone Gardens and never really realize how freakin' thick their ropes are. I have some pretty severe problems getting the ropes into my Reverso and some of them you can forget about trying to use an ATC with. Anyone else have this problem? {/rant]

The holds are ok for the comps, but they are pretty slimy most of the time. But it's an awesome gym so why complain.

I'm making my first foray into a gym ever next weekend in Seattle. Is there a better option than Stone?

I've been climbng in Seattle 20 years and was a routesetter for one of the gyms for neary 15 years.

It basivally goes like this:

-if you want to boulder go to Stone Gardens. it's their baileywick.

-if you want to lead climb or toperope some routes (although the toperope routes are pretty horrible these days) go to Seattel Vertical World.

:yoda:

I'm making my first foray into a gym ever next weekend in Seattle. Is there a better option than Stone?

One cool thing is that if you go for the first time with a member, the visitor can get in for free :tup: :tup:

It basivally goes like this:

-if you want to boulder go to Stone Gardens. it's their baileywick.

-if you want to lead climb or toperope some routes (although the toperope routes are pretty horrible these days) go to Seattel Vertical World.

And if you want to climb something better, go to UW.

One cool thing is that if you go for the first time with a member, the visitor can get in for free :tup: :tup:

So, what member (or two, preferably) would like to usher me and my ladyfriend in the door for a free day of climbing??? :grin:

There could be beer involved. 6-pack, your choice? :brew:

I could accomodate your ladyfriend while you sit in the parking lot and mope :D

Seriously though, drop me a PM and I should be able to get another SG member to throw down for you :tup: :tup:

Unless it's the weekend that you are coming and I'm out doing the real thing :)

Don't go into Seattle. Go climb at Vertical World Redmond! Quality bouldering, many new routes for TRing and leading. Clean gym, great staff!!!

Seriously though, drop me a PM and I should be able to get another SG member to throw down for you :tup: :tup:

Unless it's the weekend that you are coming and I'm out doing the real thing :)

Don't listen to this guy... I hear he doesn't even climb. He is an accountant... that has a spray problem. I think he also posts on ratemypoop.com :-)