Passing the Hat for Olyclimber

gapertimmy

When one of the fellow ballers on the site has to spend some time in the unsavory hospital environs, I think it is always a good idea to send some support their way.

Porter is a great guy and really does alot to keep things running here on cc.com (and keep many of us entertained with his posts as well).

So I thought it would be cool to try to pool some resources and either send him some bling to offset costs, or buy him a schwag bag to help him get stoked to get better.

I know he has been wanting to get a BC ski setup for a while, but I'm open to suggestions/comments/speculation on how we can send some stoke his way.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, if nobody says otherwise, I think stoking him out with some gear would do wonders for his 'force'.

Pax do you know of anything else he's been really wanting gear-wise? If not I think styling him out with some ski stuff would make him happy.

Any other ideas, post them here. I can try to work with some of our sponsors to get some stuff either donated or at cost. I will get a paypal doante button setup, but think we can also just pass the hat at Sausage Fest to get him something.

Good call on the micro send-bot boy. I bet his toys are cheaper than dad's toys!

Here is a PayPal donation button. Anyone who chips in will be added to the normal cc.com donors list (that i'm working to get back in to affect on the new message board system)

pixel.gif

I realize some don't have $ to donate, but your thoughts and positive vibes mean just as much.

Thanks

Thanks to those who have sent some $ in. Please be sure to send me a PM so I can link up your avatar-name to the donation.

For non-paypaler's, checks/cash can be sent to cc.com world-wide headquarters:

Eightequals Designs, LLC

61535 S Highway 97 Suite 9-203

Bend, OR 97702

Also, sending him a card or a note I'm sure would lift his spirits too:

Porter Hammer

Swedish Hospital, Rm849

747 Broadway

Seattle, WA 98122

As alpinfox said, no flowers can be sent there...

Edited by gapertimmy

all my prayes Olyclimber...............will send some funds your way,im sure the wife can send it to who needs it the most thru you time in the hospital.................get well soon man,have a lot of questions for ya!...................hope your up to your old self soon

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks to everyone who chipped in. Oly is now the proud owner of a brand new AT ski setup. Welcome to the darkside young man!

Seriously though, thanks to everyone who sent cards, thoughts, + vibes. It was super cool to see the outpouring of support from this community.

Well thanks to everyone, it certainly made me feel pretty good to know you cared about me. I can't wait to get out there in the snow each winter. Timmay has promised lessons! sickie :rawk:

I just went to the doctor and he told me that I shouldn't be climbing (because of my funked up arm) for 6 months! :cry: CRAP!!!!! Thats September!!! Well, plenty of time to get the AT setup tuned up and ready to go.

Thanks again! I'll be putting it to good use. Look for me falling down a snow slope on a mountain near you soon.

Frikkin quit complaining. I can't walk or exercise for another two months, shit. You can complain all you want, just jokin. September is the best time to climb anyway. I will go hiking with you, I should be up to it in two months.

And, I'll surely go skiing with you this season, I will be sub-par I expect.