[TR] Tele

archenemy

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is this some kind of sadomasochistic prOn thread? Told you to go Dynafit.

If it's any consolation, I'm a telier, because I can't parallel worth a damn for some reason. The first time I bought a lift ticket, I counted: 200 falls. My whole body looked like your leg.

Any way; AT, snowboard, cafeteria tray, glissading on your back head first, is an easier way down the mountain.

Edited by tvashtarkatena

Suck it up, like they say "If it was easy, it'd be called "snowboarding"".

i guess that's why we (boarders) are always the last ones on the mountain at the end of the day :wazup:

i actually ride primarily with tele skiers

That's because snowboarders spend half the day sitting on the slopes just over a blind hump, or immediately off the lift. You spent too much time resting and not enough time "riding"

Suck it up, like they say "If it was easy, it'd be called "snowboarding"".

i guess that's why we (boarders) are always the last ones on the mountain at the end of the day :wazup:

i actually ride primarily with tele skiers

That's because snowboarders spend half the day sitting on the slopes just over a blind hump, or immediately off the lift. You spent too much time resting and not enough time "riding"

Snowboarders also show their skillz as they go on terrain they can't ride down and lean one their back edge scraping all the good snow off for the rest of us. :fahq:

I've been tele skiing for ~6yrs now. At first it sucked and I was always bruised. I kept at it, though, sure that once I got the hang it'd be awesome. When I got better but it still wasn't awesome I bought more gear, convinced that was my problem. That helped a bit, but I still get tired a lot faster than I did on skis or a snowboard and I still crash lots more whenever the snow is suboptimal (which thankfully never happens in the NW). Since AT boots and dynafit bindings weigh about the same as modern tele gear but have the advantage of RELEASING, have ready-made ski crampons, and take much less energy and skill to use, I wonder why anyone would learn to tele? It definitely feels cooler to do nice turns, but telemarking just seems contrived to me these days - like climbing a route w/ one hand behind your back... Comments?