• Announcements

• olyclimber

WELCOME TO THE CASCADECLIMBERS.COM FORUMS   02/03/18

We have upgraded to new forum software as of late last year, and it makes everything here so much better!  It is now much easier to do pretty much anything, including write Trip Reports, sell gear, schedule climbing related events, and more. There is a new reputation system that allows for positive contributors to be recognized,  it is possible to tag content with identifiers, drag and drop in images, and it is much easier to embed multimedia content from Youtube, Vimeo, and more.  In all, the site is much more user friendly, bug free, and feature rich!   Whether you're a new user or a grizzled cascadeclimbers.com veteran, we think you'll love the new forums. Enjoy!
Sign in to follow this  
suckbm

yosemite this time of year?

ive got the week off and was wondering if its too early to go to yosemite. the forecast is for highs in the 60s and lows in the 40s but was wondering how the climbing usually is early season

yosemite this year is rolling dice, if you cherish your free time this is not a stable time of the year.

i was down there a couple weeks ago, perfect weather for a couple days. we had every crag and wall to our selves. then it snowed so we pulled our ropes and left. check the weather cam that always helps.

I've climbed shirtless and then been buried with snow 24hr. later this time of year. Just be well prepared if your headin' up the big stone.

What Jens said. I was there the day before yesterday and it was ABSOLUTELY PERFECT! Very few people. Perfect temps. Dry rock. Few rangers. Trees/flowers starting to bloom.

On the other side, i've been there in March when it's been ghastly. Rain/snow for weeks. Flooding. You name it....

I've climbed shirtless and then been buried with snow 24hr. later this time of year. Just be well prepared if your headin' up the big stone.

i have climbed shirtless in december, but i would rather it snow when i climb than rain.

other then the obvious comment of "it depends on the weather."

be aware that some routes can be affected by spring runoff. so if you are going for a particular route you may be dissapointed to find out it's wet. so keep your options open.

could be sunny and warm, could be wet and miserable, in the same day. or not...