Hot Climbing at RR Rendevous

Sherri

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sherri, I will be at the RRR; this will be our first date since our broken engagement, or whatever. Staying the rest of the week after to climb with a small group of great people.

I'm glad we could stay friends. :)

Oh, and it would lovely to meet you, if things work out that way at the RRR.

Blake's gonna be there, too. Cool.

At this point, I'm looking at being around Sat-Mon, but I might be able to stretch that out a bit.

Anybody got room for an extra if I need a partner for Mon/Tues?

Edited by Sherri

Sherri, I will be with a tremendous group of about 7 people and you are welcome to join us if you like. After the event we will move to the 13 mile campground, and you are welcome to bag out with us there too (free) if you like. No, this is not a romantic invitation as I think I am going to turn gay cuz guys are easier to get along with.

I have put together a group of volunteers for the weekend event. I made a deal with Mgear to bring down some volunteers and they are paying our transportation and fuel for the trip. Many of the people doing registration and directing at the pull-outs will be with my group. I will be the one with shorts over polypro, gators to keep the snakes out of my sandals, and asking all the cute climbing chics if their name is sherri. I would give you my name, but no one knows me by that anyhow, they just call me "old guy."

Offer open to you too Blake, but as a guy we may charge you beer.

Edited by high_on_rock

Actually I think you do get free beer all weekend from Mgear. As for free beer the rest of the week, it will depend on how you define "free." You are of course welcome to come freeload off our campsite and hook into climbing partners with us, as long as my G/I issues don't interfere with your enjoyment.

Sherri, I will be with a tremendous group of about 7 people and you are welcome to join us if you like. After the event we will move to the 13 mile campground, and you are welcome to bag out with us there too (free) if you like. No, this is not a romantic invitation as I think I am going to turn gay cuz guys are easier to get along with.

I have put together a group of volunteers for the weekend event. I made a deal with Mgear to bring down some volunteers and they are paying our transportation and fuel for the trip. Many of the people doing registration and directing at the pull-outs will be with my group. I will be the one with shorts over polypro, gators to keep the snakes out of my sandals, and asking all the cute climbing chics if their name is sherri. I would give you my name, but no one knows me by that anyhow, they just call me "old guy."

Offer open to you too Blake, but as a guy we may charge you beer.

If you're going to start batting for the other team, you'll need to rethink the fashion choices. There is a dress code(and I'm pretty sure shorts-over-polypro and the gators/sandals combo are not in it). The devil isn't the only one wearing Prada, honey. ;)

But don't be so quick to throw away the polypro. I'm sure there's still a few nice girls left out there. Like a wise climbing guide observed one morning when a rather toadish guy in our group was late running late because of going back home to his girlfriend the night before: "Just goes to prove, there's a lid for every pot."

It looks like I'm squared away for a partner for the duration of my stay there-- :tup:--but I sure appreciate the offer to join in with you fun folks and hope to still run into you down there.

The free beer sounds good. (Free Shiraz would sound better... Can't wait till they start putting THAT in a kegger. :fahq:)

Hell Sherri, you have dumped my twice and we have never even met. Do that 4-5 more times and I may slow down my invitations.

I want to make sure that everyone knows they are welcome to join us at red rocks for the week after the vous if they need company, climbing partners, or have extra beer that they need help with. Contact me at 509 eight six nine, 2 four 8 seven

Eric

I'll be there. Not sure if I will attend many of the events/workshops etc. Just long days in the canyons soaking up some sun and rock. But just in case, how do i recognize a cc.com'er? Is there a secret hand shake or special shirt to wear? :wazup:

MLU's. Upon leaving the frosty, damp embrace of the PNW, all cc.comer's will be issued one so that we can be located should we become gleefully disoriented by the sudden abundance of warm sunlight, the tactile reawakening of touching warm rock followed by drinking warm beer, and the strangely comforting smell of climbing shoes exhumed from packs which had lain dormant all winter.

Only 2 more sleeps... :moondance: