Mt. Erie, any beta useful

jesselillis

Hello

I am new to the NW. I'd like to climb at Mt. Erie this weekend, because of it's proximity to Orcas Island (current home). I don't have a guidebook, only some spray that there's quite a diversity of stuff to climb there. I found some reference to a limited publication of printed guidebooks- is there still a guidebook available? A local gear shop to find it at? Is there camping there or nearby? Are there places to climb where it is relatively dry this time of year?

I'm comfortable on moderate trad and sport, but will likely be climbing with some beginners. Any beta at all very much appreciated.

Thanks

Jesse

Edited by jesselillis

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Jesse,

Welcome! :wave: Get the latest guidebook--Rockin' on the Rock, by Dallas Kloke--at the little Mt. Erie grocery store, just before you get to the park.

If you don't see it on the shelf, just ask for it. Sometimes they keep extras behind the counter. Great folks there. :tup:

Have fun!

To get the most climbing in out of your time there stick with the summit wall or the powerline wall, which are both easy to get to from the top parking area. If you try to find something too out of the way you might spend hours trying to find it. The trail system takes some getting used to. Fun climbing though.