Vantage Parking Permit - what's the deal?

Crillz

The guide book I have said to get a parking pass from this place in George. The old guy at "this" place in George told me they didn't sell them anymore - but to go to another town to get it. I said f*ck it and went cragging w/out the parking permit - and saw many other cars didn't have a permit. Are they necessary? Can I get one around Seattle? Anyone ever gotten a ticket for not having a permit?

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you are like us and forget your pass expired on the way. Get off at exit 84 in Cle Elum and turn into the Safeway parking lot and complex. Right next to safeway there is:

Cle Elum Hardware & Rental

(509) 674-2700

811 W Davis St

Cle Elum, WA 98922

I bought mine there last year for 12 bucks or something.

• 2 weeks later...

I did the same thing a couple of years ago...went to the store in Vantage and they had stopped selling them...went on and got a ticket...can't remember the extact amount but it was over sixty bucks. If you don't get the fishng lic, the parking permit is pretty cheap.

The pass changes to the 2007 pass on April 1st the new ones are different, they don't stick on, they hang from your mirror. Usually the DFW don't give tickets at the Vantage climbing area when the change is happening and they are usually busy with the fishermen right now.

Fredies in Eburg has them.

Oh yeah!!! parking along the road DOES NOT work and the sheriff has been known to write parking tickets

Vantage is choss, why would anyone want to climb there?

Vantage is choss, why would anyone want to climb there?

b'cuz when the hold breaks off, you get to leave a little bit of yourself behind in (on) the desert beauty.

Also, you could take a little peice of that beauty back home with you.

Who could ask for more?

So just to clarify, do you need the fishing pass that comes with a fishing license and hangs from your mirror (the new ones) or do you need a Norhwest Forest Pass like Archenemy posted a link for? I have a fishing pass and don't want to pay/can't afford getting screwed out of 60+ dollars.