this weekend i saw...

underworld

Rocks commin up at me head real fast when I was an idiot and hooked an edge droppin into chute 10 at MR on the last day. Coulda been the beer...? or just my lack of skillz. Scratched over em and dropped into a little hole that stopped me. Me head was OK

Am I the only one that doesn't understand this?

I highlighted all the understanding I needed :)

:pagetop:

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rocks commin up at me head real fast when I was an idiot and hooked an edge droppin into chute 10 at MR on the last day. Coulda been the beer...? or just my lack of skillz. Scratched over em and dropped into a little hole that stopped me. Me head was OK

Am I the only one that doesn't understand this?

Translation = Mission Ridge is too steep for smithisheaven

The cat thought so, the raccoon squeezed under the fence and the cat couldn't fit through the hole. He sauntered back looking pretty proud of himself. He is just a small wirey little bugger, but he seems to have no fear of dogs or other beasts. He has what you might call a cool demeaner under stress.

Once again blazing through the villages though this time on very technical 1500 foot descent downhill run hitting speeds around 40-50 mph, saw the blur of kids along the trail jumping out of the way while hissing at them to catch there attention (hissing is something that is commonly done even in resturants). When I stopped they all came out of the wood work, I sat on the ground while some of the kids who saw me blaze by retold the story of the musazi muzungu (crazy whitey), pedaling like mad, jumping and going faster than motorcyles.

Then I climbed up the hill and did another run complete with rock drops while the village below were watching and cheering. People on the trail were giving me the sign that I can't pass that way on a bike. After I did, they would exclaim "Eh, eh eh eh...". Good times, I need a helmet cam I think.

Once again blazing through the villages though this time on very technical 1500 foot descent downhill run hitting speeds around 40-50 mph, saw the blur of kids along the trail jumping out of the way while hissing at them to catch there attention (hissing is something that is commonly done even in resturants). When I stopped they all came out of the wood work, I sat on the ground while some of the kids who saw me blaze by retold the story of the musazi muzungu (crazy whitey), pedaling like mad, jumping and going faster than motorcyles.

Then I climbed up the hill and did another run complete with rock drops while the village below were watching and cheering. People on the trail were giving me the sign that I can't pass that way on a bike. After I did, they would exclaim "Eh, eh eh eh...". Good times, I need a helmet cam I think.

Amazing.

Can I come visit you and your family?

This weekend I saw not one, but two fellows standing around the Feathers at Vantage wearing heavy mountaineering boots and gaitors. Sadly, the ensemble was not completed by shorts over polypro, but we can't have everything.

that is hilarious

In Extreme Alpinism, there's a picture of Mark Twight bouldering around the water tank in Volunteer Park wearing his Himalayan boots w/integral gators (shorts, but no polypro).

What a dork!

If I remember right, I think he had a pretty sweet mullet in that photo, too.

Amazing.

Can I come visit you and your family?

Sure why not, but be forewarned flying for more than 24 hours costs a pretty penny.