this weekend i saw...

underworld

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This weekend I saw not one, but two fellows standing around the Feathers at Vantage wearing heavy mountaineering boots and gaitors. Sadly, the ensemble was not completed by shorts over polypro, but we can't have everything.

that is hilarious

In Extreme Alpinism, there's a picture of Mark Twight bouldering around the water tank in Volunteer Park wearing his Himalayan boots w/integral gators (shorts, but no polypro).

What a dork!

...A scared, shivering doe huddled in the bog next to our pond. It had just narrowly escaped being a coyote's meal(a couple fresh lacerations on it's hind quarters evidenced just how narrowly :o ) I watched the coyote come back thru ISO it's missed lunch, but apparently the deer's scent was masked by the water. Doe stayed there for about 2 hours before gingerly hobbling off to seek solace in the deeper forest.

Like a scene right out of Wild Kingdom, for pete's sake.

- a cow elk grazing at the roadside

- an east-facing cliff baking in the sun ...and none of the hangers/anchors on seventeen routes I put-up on it were visible from the road

- a drunk ask me if I were born with only three fingers on my left hand

- a Mexican drinking green beer