Men need not apply...

redboink

e·go /ˈigoʊ, ˈɛgoʊ/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[ee-goh, eg-oh] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation

–noun, plural e·gos. 1. the “I” or self of any person; a person as thinking, feeling, and willing, and distinguishing itself from the selves of others and from objects of its thought.

The only bitching going on here is yours.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why not a man? Do you have something against men?

Who opened up a can of spray?

Nothing wrong with a woman or man indicating a gender preference when posting for a climbing partner. Doesn't have to be any more complicated or controversial than that.

Sometimes girls just wanna have fun. Don't take it personal.

Don't take it personal.

Nice speculation there.

You have no idea how I take anything. "Taking it personal" is about the farthest thing on my mind. I was pointing out how you made this thread gender specific due to the “male taking the lead role and leading more”. I was speculating that is should have nothing to do with gender and you should just buck up and lead more.

Seriously, can you guys not read?

This was a perfectly legitimate post until you came in a pissed all over it. Is it a marking your territory thing?

Just deal.

Oh! And find something better to do than butt in where you're not wanted.

Still looking for girl climbers in the Seattle area....

when my mother started climbing around 35 years ago, it was often spoken that they did not want women on the climbs. She fought and fought to get to be allowed on climbs, and fought the "no women allowed" mentality. I personally don't like the exclusion either way, though I do understand the reasons for it. I just think that any time you exclude, you hurt; whether it was intentional or inadvertent. Inclusion, not exclusion.

Peace, brotherhood, and respect.

when my mother started climbing around 35 years ago, it was often spoken that they did not want women on the climbs. She fought and fought to get to be allowed on climbs, and fought the "no women allowed" mentality. I personally don't like the exclusion either way, though I do understand the reasons for it. I just think that any time you exclude, you hurt; whether it was intentional or inadvertent. Inclusion, not exclusion.

Peace, brotherhood, and respect.

you act as if woman never exclude men from anything. have you ever heard of girls night out, or how about ladies night. woman have a vagina and that is some private club that i will never be a member of, and i am more than cool with this. guy's and girls are different and i think it's cool to see woam climbing duo's. in fact i think it is hot.

i have taken tons of chick's climbing and i will swap pitches with anybody as long as i have a good time and their is no drama involved other than pure epic or defeat.

i think that this thread is more about wanting to get some time on the sharp end of the rope and this girl want's to do it with a fellow chickarina.

maybe you should create a sense o humor and then you to will enjoy life.

Edited by pink

I know this is in a Climbing forum but, with a title “men need not apply” should it not be in spray. Really that is what this is! And its huge fat troll. What the hell does gender have to do with anything, other than your ego? Try getting on the sharp end, buck up and lead something, instead of bitching that its your male partner’s fault you are a weenie.

quit being jerkerant

put the penis down and step away from the keyboard

I think that titling a thread, "Men need not apply," is just asking for trouble. On the other hand I don't have any issue with a woman looking for another female to climb with.

Good luck on climbing, and I hope you find a partner that helps you push your own ability.