Men need not apply...

redboink

Hey there lady climbers!

I've recently found myself in an exciting predicament where I will have almost every Friday-to-Sunday off for the rest of the year. This means that I'll be able to getaway to pretty much anywhere (within a 6 hour drive) for long weekends. I'm hoping to find a few steady FEMALE climbing partners for the season. If there are already established groups out there, I'm more than willing to jump in.

A bit about me...I've been climbing on and off for about 3 years. Sport: I'll lead up to 5.8 (if it's an extra special day, a 5.9 here or there).

Trad: I'll lead up to a 5.7 (I'm still a weenie when it comes to crack climbing, but I'm working on it).

Belayer: Extremely patient and attentive.

So anyway, send me an email (teresa@tcd.org) if you're up for climbing.

Climb ON.

:grin:

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Awww, Kevbone...don't get offended. Men are great!

My climbing partner for the past three years is a man, and he's been a fantastic mentor. Unfortunately, I find that I often rely too heavily on him for leading, and our schedules will no longer coincide as often, so it's time to look for a new partner.

I've never had a female climbing partner, and I thought it would be fun having a little more estrogen around. And, girls smell better. :)

She already said no peckerheads.

I think it's totally reasonable to specify the gender of your "wanted" climbing partner; just like you might specify their experience level.

Well you don't have to get sore about it. :( I was only trying to help.

If you change your mind, let me know. I have good references, and I'm very sweet. I took 1st prize in the Country Fair, also, by the way. (just thought I'd let you know that, no big deal or anything...)

I know this is in a Climbing forum but, with a title “men need not apply” should it not be in spray. Really that is what this is! And its huge fat troll. What the hell does gender have to do with anything, other than your ego? Try getting on the sharp end, buck up and lead something, instead of bitching that its your male partner’s fault you are a weenie.