4th Annual SausageFest Slide Show Sun Apr. 1, 2007

jon

The 4th Annual CC.com SausageFest Tokyo Drift Slide Show will be on Sunday April 1st, 2007 at Shultzys Bar and Grill on University Avenue in Seattle. Party will start around 6 pm with the first slides starting shortly between 7 and 8. Please put this on your calendar and plan on coming good weather or not, the past 3 have been total debauchery with some absolutely fantastic slides. We will be announcing the winners of the soon to be announced photo contest, there will be a push up contest, and who knows maybe even some door prizes. Plus there will be the best beers around on tap!

If you are interested in showing some slides please send me a PM and a preferred time if you have to leave early.

545455-grillvariety3.jpg

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So far we'll have:

* Offwhite showing climbing pictures from the days of old (He has asked me to hype this into oblivion) ;) sickie

* AlpineK is going to be showing some pictures

* John Frieh is going to try to make it up and show some pictures of great climbing in Idaho.

Drop me a PM if you have some pictures you think everyone would be interested in seeing. I'd like to get at least one or two more people showing.

I have a couple screens and a couple differant projectors available. I plan on being there as well. I've never been to shultzeys though. Some body from a previous night let me know if one screen (probably 6' x 8') is enough or could everyone see better with a couple smaller.

It is not a big room, and there are no real visual blocks, so I think one screen is probably sufficient, Ketch. If you had another at the other end of the room, nobody would probably complain, though.

The bigger issue, in my opinion, is sound. We've had a fairly full venue the last few years, and people have been frustrated when they wanted to present a long narrative and some members of their adoring audience wanted to continue with a conversation. My own answer to this has been to put captions on my slides or to try to make presentations that require minimal narrative.

This is really a celebration of cc.com and we hope it will allow folks who may otherwise interact through a screen name on the Internet to actually meet and greet each other. For sure, some stories will be enjoyed and some folks may have some great things to say, but I think the evening and the event will generally be served well if at least some of the presenters don't feel compelled to narrate to any great extent.

That's just my idea though - anybody else have thoughts on this?

The sound will not be an issue this year. The restaurant should be done with their expansion by then, so people who would rather talk can be invited to go to the other room.

I'm not planning to narrate, it's a bunch of old stuff from California, so I'll just do some minimal captions and you can look at the pictures. Anyone desperate for beta is welcome to chat me up after, but I don't think me gabbing about the old days will enhance the experience.

I hear Oly will be showing slides of his beanie baby collection, including the rare large sized Princess Diana commemorative piece.

I'm not going unless Colin is there. I'm also not going unless Wayne is there. I still have his extension cord. I'm also not going unless Jim Nelson is there. And I am definately not going unless John from Concrete is there.

Oh and I'm not going unless I can show you some of my gaper ski adventures on Snoqualmie Mountain.

I will be there , but I havent heard back from the MC Olympia. But I am not going either unless John F is there.. again

I'll be there unless my boss sends me to China :cry:

At this point I am showing only sawtooth slides unless people are interested in seeing photos from either 3 fingers or ice climbing in CO, MT, UT, OR, etc. :wazup: