Where are the brakes?

Peter_Puget

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

That's interesting. On the one hand, he seems to be making valid points about the policy implications of GW, which is all well and good. On the other, he seems to be giving a bit of a weak backhand to the data, which seems odd. I'll have to touch base with some old colleagues to see what the deal is.

Not to denigrate Claude's scientific scientific credentials, but he gives some of the worst talks I've ever seen. He had this habit of going up to the podium with a box of blank overhead transparencies and a box of pens and making graphs which he'd then pepper with dots and say things, in his thick Gallic accent, like 'And zee data, she looks somezing like zees...'. On the one hand, extemporaneous speaking is a wonderful gift, if done correctly. On the other... I wonder if he's discovered PowerPoint yet?

More interesting is the article itself, the vast bulk of which is dedicated to convincing us that this man is a REAL scientist. The meat of what is actually being said is given exactly one sentence: "To his surprise, the many climate models and studies failed dismally in establishing a man-made cause of catastrophic global warming. Meanwhile, increasing evidence indicates that most of the warming comes of natural phenomena." No corroboration, no elaboration. Wow, compelling stuff. :yawn:

Extrapolating the current warming trend back in time, the earth was at absolute zero around the time of my high school graduation. Funny, I remember schmokin a huge doobie in shorts and a T shirt that day. And there you go; the universe can't be as old as they say it is.

And don't even get me started on the Earth's magnetic field.

Edited by tvashtarkatena