Nice climbing guys?

archenemy

It makes me think about the whole idea guys have that they have to change for a woman. Well, yeah, in some ways. This happens sometimes a guy acts differently around a chick until he snags her, then he "reverts" back to how he "is" and gets all huffy when the woman is wondering wtf just happened. And sometimes it happens because it really is just time to grow up. And who doesn't want change? What is the option? Stagnation? Not appealing.

It makes me think about the whole idea girls have that they have to change for a man. This happens sometimes a girl acts differently around a man until she entraps him, then she "reverts" back to how she "is" and gets all huffy when the man is wondering wtf just happened.

Read - "I just met this guy...he's so dreamy...and he's a climber! I'll try climbing now, it will be a fun thing we can do together!" N years later she's not climbing, chunked out because she's secure that he can no longer run off so lay on the wine and chocolats baby, and hell the sweaters just cover up everything anyway, and, well hell just not doing much of ANYTHING anymore.

Word.

I'm constantly amazed by the number of married women who not only seem to have no interests or passions of their own, but who seem actively avoid cultivating any of their own interests so they can stay at home and pout whenever the hubby actually does something outside of the relationship and use the whole abandonment-guilt angle for emotional blackmail later on. These were all women with no children.

If there were kids involved and the guy was constantly cruising off to play while she was left to look after the kids I'd understand, but - nope. These are also the type that seem to double-up on the Ben and Jerry's shortly after the honeymoon is over. Scary stuff.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It makes me think about the whole idea guys have that they have to change for a woman. Well, yeah, in some ways. This happens sometimes a guy acts differently around a chick until he snags her, then he "reverts" back to how he "is" and gets all huffy when the woman is wondering wtf just happened. And sometimes it happens because it really is just time to grow up. And who doesn't want change? What is the option? Stagnation? Not appealing.

It makes me think about the whole idea girls have that they have to change for a man. This happens sometimes a girl acts differently around a man until she entraps him, then she "reverts" back to how she "is" and gets all huffy when the man is wondering wtf just happened.

Read - "I just met this guy...he's so dreamy...and he's a climber! I'll try climbing now, it will be a fun thing we can do together!" N years later she's not climbing, chunked out because she's secure that he can no longer run off so lay on the wine and chocolats baby, and hell the sweaters just cover up everything anyway, and, well hell just not doing much of ANYTHING anymore.

Word.

I'm constantly amazed by the number of married women who not only seem to have no interests or passions of their own, but who seem actively avoid cultivating any of their own interests so they can stay at home and pout whenever the hubby actually does something outside of the relationship and use the whole abandonment-guilt angle for emotional blackmail later on. These were all women with no children.

If there were kids involved and the guy was constantly cruising off to play while she was left to look after the kids I'd understand, but - nope. These are also the type that seem to double-up on the Ben and Jerry's shortly after the honeymoon is over. Scary stuff.

Oh the humanity!! :cry:

Man accused of mailing ex a kitten head

PITTSBURGH (AP) -- A man accused of mailing the severed head of a kitten to his ex-girlfriend was ordered to stand trial on stalking and animal-cruelty charges.

Benjamin Gregory, 30, of Pittsburgh, allegedly sent the gift-wrapped package in January because he was unhappy that the relationship had ended, police said. His ex-girlfriend is an attorney who volunteers at animal shelters.

The woman had filed for a protection-from-abuse order against Gregory. He was jailed, but she said he kept calling her until she asked jail officials to block his calls. When he was released in December, she said, he started calling again.

On Jan. 28, the woman received the kitten head along with a note that read, "I love u, your Ben," she testified at a preliminary hearing Thursday.

Gregory's attorney, Phil Melograne, contends the woman has been harassing Gregory, and suggested she orchestrated the kitten head incident herself.

A district judge rejected that argument and ordered Gregory back to jail to await trial. The judge reduced an animal cruelty charge to a lesser summary offense because medical evidence showed the kitten was dead before its head was cut off

So I have met so many guys who climb who are hot. But they seem to be pigs. This doesn't seem to happen so much in other sports, sports like engineering, coding, and general nerding. What the fuck is up with that?

I really want to know why the "dirtbag" lifestyle is more attractive than the "holy shit, I think this woman is so cool I believe I will go ahead and give it a try" lifestyle.

Lay it on guys. I want to hear the unvarnished truth.

:lmao:

Hey, why aren't you and Fern out climbing instead of reading Spray? Enquiring minds want to know!!!!1

Did you two get anything good done yesterday and today?? Pray, do tell us!

EDIT:

Nevermind, I got an answer of sorts. Just saw your bloody nose in the "hot climbing girls?" thread. Ouch!

Most every guy I've climbed with is intellegent, funny, and mature - but when it's time to climb, we mostly talk about stupid shit to unwind. One of my partners wasn't the case...he actaully freaked on our group saying, "why can't we ever have a discussion about literature, all we talk is shit!" To which he was cast from the group. We were nice and didn't set IVAN on him, the only man I know who can talk shit about literature.

My point is, I don't know any guys who are "pigs," and it's been my exeperience that the vast majority of single climber girls is either the crag pass-around, or someone with something to prove, or a lot of unsorted baggage.

It must be a matter of perspective and over-generalizing. But I've hardly met any real assholes. Which begs the question, "who is the problem with? You...or everyone else".

Wow, you are soooo insightful "doctor".

I absolutely love this forum and each and every one of you.

I posted this thread in response (tongue in cheek) to the "hot climbing girls" thread and all of a sudden I am whinning because I am an asshole who can't get a date or something like that.

So fucking funny.

Have a super weekend ya'll ;)

I absolutely love this forum and each and every one of you.

I posted this thread in response (tongue in cheek) to the "hot climbing girls" thread and all of a sudden I am whinning because I am an asshole who can't get a date or something like that.

So fucking funny.

Have a super weekend ya'll ;)

You're now whining about our whining about your whining. Whining to the third power.

My point is, I don't know any guys who are "pigs," and it's been my exeperience that the vast majority of single climber girls is either the crag pass-around, or someone with something to prove, or a lot of unsorted baggage.

The only thing I gotta prove around here is that my dad can kick all your dads butts!

:battlecage: